- The primary responsibility of the Pharmacy Technician is to assist the Pharmacist by performing the technical and clerical tasks necessary for the accurate preparation and distribution of pharmaceutical products to the patient care areas of the hospital.
- Coordinates daily workload to coincide with the needs of the department.
- Prepacks non-unit-dose oral medications as needed for dispensing to the patient care areas.
- Aseptically prepares intravenous medications within the allotted time period.
- Always uses appropriate technique in the IV Room. This includes use of Aseptic Technique, Use of Chemo gown and appropriate gloves when handling chemotherapy, and closely abides by IV Room policies and procedures.
- Medication Orders: Medication Orders are filled accurately and efficiently.
- Omnicell: Dispensing to the Omnicell cabinets are accurately and efficiently performed.
- Stock Medications: Orders for stock medications are accurately and efficiently performed.
- Medication Inspections: Inspects assigned areas inside and outside the Pharmacy for outdated drugs.
- Telephone: Answers the phone in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Special Projects: Accepts extra duties upon request and completes them according to deadline.
- Medication delivery: Delivers medications to patient care areas in a timely and accurate manner.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we've been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- High School (or equivalent) diploma.
- Current Registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Massachusetts and have no disciplinary actions taken.
- CPhT required
- Hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred.
- Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate with all areas of health care personnel
- Must understand the basic operations of the Pharmacy Department, including processing prescriber medication orders, the operations of the Omnicell cabinets and software, Epic, the repackaging (pre-packing) machine, and any other technology that the Pharmacy employs in its operations.
- Must maintain sufficient pharmaceutical knowledge for the safe and effective distribution of medications.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee's protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.