Looking for a way to make an impact and help people?
Join PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Position Overview: Develop, coordinate, and provide employee orientation/education programs that encompass onboarding new employees as well as continuing education for pharmacy services. Develop and maintain desktop references and resource materials. Assist with creation and distribution of polices that drive the work done by the team. Demonstrate effective leadership by developing teamwork, managing change, and encouraging innovation and staff involvement in the pharmacy team. Support and develop initiatives that reflect the department vision and are committed to achieving the goals and objectives of the pharmacy helpdesk.
- Develop, maintain, and present training programs in coordination with pharmacy leadership and other training coordinators, which ensure the pharmacy helpdesk staff are trained to provide exceptional customer service, meet ongoing operational and regulatory needs, and achieve quality outcomes.
- Develop, organize, and maintain a centralized electronic system of standardized reference tools and training materials that reflect the current practice and compliance standards.
- Ensure processes and resources meet regulatory compliance standards with all state and federal guidelines as well as other accrediting entities.
- Ensure pharmacy team processes and procedures are routinely updated and submitted timely for review.
- Assist with internal audit processes on an ongoing basis. Ensure pharmacy materials are in a state of audit readiness. Support onsite external audit efforts as needed.
- Clinical review and decision-making of authorization requests at appropriate level and serve as backup to the helpdesk team when necessary.
- Ensure that each new hire has the tools to begin their new position successfully.
- Responsible for training and providing updates of new and revised team resources and training material to pharmacy staff.
- Utilize LEAN methodologies and quality improvement principles to practice and promote continuous improvement. Expertise in identifying, working with, and developing individualized approaches to different adult learning styles and in creating customized trainings/educational modalities for different audiences.
- Coordinate business activities by maintaining collaborative partnerships with key departments, not limited to, Appeals and Grievance, Medical Directors, and Health Services Utilization Management.
- Work with Pharmacy Team Leaders and Managers of Pharmacy Administrations in all aspects of training. Identify ongoing training needs for all pharmacy helpdesk staff.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding drug authorizations and system overrides.
- Resolve pharmacy inquiries through proficient knowledge of the pharmacy claims, medical claims, and utilization management platforms.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in a clear and concise manner to internal and external partners including translating clinical and technical industry jargon to appropriate audiences.
- Ensure all coverage determinations are processed in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with Commercial, Medicare & Medicaid regulatory requirements and department policies.
Minimum three years Pharmacy Technician experience required. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively with a high attention to detail. Coaching or mentoring experience preferred. Experience in training and delivering group presentations preferred.Education, Certificates, Licenses:
Unrestricted pharmacy technician license by the Board of Pharmacy and passed National Pharmacy Technician certification exam required. Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.Knowledge:
Computer skills, typing, 10-key required. Medical terminology, Microsoft word and excel experience required. Strong understanding of Medical Terminology required. Familiarity of CPT/ICD-10 codes, home infusion therapies, and specialty medications helpful. Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook necessary. Ability to work under time sensitive deadlines. Ability to prioritize responsibilities, diplomatically, handle demanding situations and manage workload with limited direct supervision. Ability to work independently as well as within a team. Demonstrate organizational and time management skills. Ability to navigate multiple computer systems proficiently. Ability to understand and interpret Federal and State specific regulatory requirements helpful. Excellent communication skills.Competencies
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Trust
- Work Standards
Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5-15% of the time.Our Values
We live and breathe our values. In fact, our culture is driven by these seven core values which guide us in how we do business:
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for customer service.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
- We actively work to advance social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, the healthcare system and community.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.Disclaimer:
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.
This job has expired.