Please carefully read the following instructions before beginning your application.
Please complete any desired updates to your Job Profile in advance of completing and submitting your application. If completed prior to applying, this information will populate the application sections below (Job History, Education, Languages, and Skills). You will be asked to upload a copy of your resume and cover letter in the Resume / Cover Letter section. A resume and cover letter is required to apply; updating your job profile is optional. Once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to return later to add or change documents.
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
The Pipefitter will repair and maintain campus piping and piping systems, fixtures and equipment for steam, hydronic heating and cooling systems in accordance with ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code or work associated with a licensed Sprinkler Fitter should he hold that license. The Pipefitter must be able to work independently with limited supervision providing corrective and preventative maintenance. Must be able to perform all work associated required by a licensed pipe fitter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Repairs and maintains college heating and cooling systems by trouble shooting, cleaning and changing traps, valves, threading and cutting pipe, repairs to pumps, selected kitchen equipment, etc.
• May need to respond to emergency call-in situations after hours and on weekend.
• Inputs data into a computerized work order system, recording time and work order related notes.
• Participates in training to keep and acquire knowledge, skills, and abilities to remain current with the standard operational practices and revised standards.
• Follows proper clean-up and recycling procedures including properly disposing of hazardous waste, leaving the work area clean and vacuumed as well as observes all safety rules and regulations (including OSHA regulations) while handling and or caring for college tools and equipment, to avoid injury to self and others.
• Assists coordinating technical, maintenance, and operations personnel to troubleshoot operating problems and assist in the implementation of new equipment, instrumentation, and controls.
• Assists in performing scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement and modifications of HVAC equipment.
• Work with Facilities planners to assure that the mechanical systems installed are properly and operational. Diagnose and Troubleshoot Post Construction issues at recently renovated buildings.
• Review possible projects, order supplies, plan work, communicate with trade personnel and customers.
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and quality of finished product. Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of group, department, or work performance.
• Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Maintain time and production records. Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
• Requires first response for various issues including stabilize and remedy the situation as needed.
• Excellent communication skills are required, including both verbal and written presentational skills as well as good leadership qualities. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and understand the importance of customer service.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Service Manager or Director of Facilities.
• Working knowledge of HVAC network systems and have the ability to read blue prints.
• Ability to closely work with HVAC field technicians to facilitate repairs and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, takes initiative, resolve problems, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels in a demanding environment.
• Demonstrated ability to act decisively and independently to resolve complex issues.
• Strong computer skills, knowledge of MS Office including email and electronic calendars, work order system software concentrating with asset inventory management, bar code scanning, competent problem-solving and project management skills.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to speak English. Understand and follow oral and written instructions. Communicate clearly and concisely and be able to relay instructions and directions to others.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Able to withstand long period of walking, standing, twisting and lifting.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of (5) five years as a licensed pipefitter.
• Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and electrical diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• A valid driver's license is a condition of initial and continued employment.
All employees hired are strongly encouraged to be up to date with all vaccination and boosters against COVID-19
Department: Facilities Management
Title: Pipefitter/Mechanic A
Reports to Maintenance Service Manager
Days/Work Hours Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm
Days off Saturday & Sunday
Pay rate $41.50 per hour
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply
$16.00 per hourPosted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our