The University of Iowa Facilities Management - Building Operations and Maintenance is seeking a highly motivated candidate for our Pipefitter position. Under general supervision, apply knowledge and skill at the journey level to install and repair piping, fixtures, appliances, and appurtenances related to steam, water, and drainage systems, and performs other duties related to incidental thereto.
This position has a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with many groups on campus and to be a part of a team that focuses on growing skills and developing employees. The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package to support the community of employees that supports university excellence. We are always there, always the best by living up to our core values of stewardship, innovation, community, safety, and pride. Join our team today!
Duties to Include:
- Install and repair piping systems (low and medium pressure steam, acid waste, glycol, storm water, vacuum piping, fuel gas, condensate, and fused piping systems)
- Install, repair, and maintain programmable water heaters, digital mixing valves, air lines/pneumatic control valves, radiators, convectors, and autoclaves
- Install humidification and filtering equipment, heating and cooling coils, traps and gas unit heaters, radiant heating, fan coil units, air compressors, air dryers and associated non-automated controls, chiller tube bundles, heat exchangers, and emerging technology on equipment and systems
- Install, repair, and maintain centralized water systems (reverse osmosis, deionized water systems, and chilled and heating water systems)
- Operate/capable of using or performing: Building Automation Systems, sewer snakes/cameras, thermal imaging tools, hydronic flow rate calculations, and threading pipe
- Draw layouts and read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Use technology as required in fulfilment of position (e.g., email, Employee Self Service, work order system)
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of individuals performing this job. Position Location:
Iowa City, Iowa Shift
: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, overtime as required Department
Facilities Management Starting Pay Rate:
*A higher starting pay rate may be requested based on exceptional qualifications. About Facilities Management:
Facilities Management (FM) is a service unit of approximately 500 employees who work behind the scenes, 24 hours a day, serving the University of Iowa as stewards for our downtown Iowa City campus and Oakdale campus in Coralville. FM staff coordinate campus master planning, manage design and construction, and maintain and clean the buildings and grounds.Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Six years of experience in the trade, which may include an apprenticeship
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety Standards
- Experience performing preventative and predictive maintenance of building systems equipment
- Ability to use equipment and tools effectively to perform essential job functions
- Ability to move for extended periods of time
- Demonstrate basic computer skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work with and around a diverse culture
- Good customer interaction skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to communicate effectively
To be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and mark as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 for merit calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and driver's license verification.
Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Brooke McMurl at email@example.com or (319) 467-0719.
- Classification Title: Pipefitter
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Finance & Operations (General)
- Contact Name: Brooke McMurl
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org