Multiple Locations (Redding, CA / Chico, CA / Auburn, CA / Auberry, CA)
@Orchard LLC has multiple openings for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for experienced Planners/Schedulers in California. The period of performance is 6 months with a full-time employment opportunity after the contract.
Position Location Flexible within the Service Territory. The staff can be based out of one of the headquarters locations (Redding, Chico, Auburn, and Auberry in California). Develops and manages complex outage, maintenance, and project schedules supporting major capital construction and expense work throughout the generation system.
- Gathers information to develop maintenance outage plans and complex relational schedules in Primavera P6.
- Manages the development, performs updates and analysis of, a maintenance outage schedule, and recommends changes/adjustments as needed.
- Updates Level 1, 2, and 3 schedules, coordinating changes with field personnel.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to achieve consensus on the final version of outage schedule, making changes/adjustments and ensuring project/task duration is sufficient, and activities and logic (predecessors and successors) are accurate.
- Provides administration over maintenance outage documentation and planning activities (e.g., document control, communication development, updating templates, field change authorizations, quality checks).
- Leads outage planning and execution activities, in the absence of an Outage Manager or Maintenance Planner.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Perform the duties/provides backup coverage to Career level schedulers as needed.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- High School or General Educational Development (GED)
- CA Class C license or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in operations, maintenance, construction, power generation systems, project management, or project controls.
- 5-10 years of experience using project management and execution tools - for example, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, and SAP WM (preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred).
- Project Scheduling Professional (SP-PMI) or equivalent certification (e.g., project scheduling and resource management tools or courses) (preferred).
- Knowledge of database and information systems - for example, SAP, MS Access, Shared Drives, and SharePoint (preferred).
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to travel using a personal vehicle.
- Out-of-town and overnight travel is expected during construction.
- Travel to Jobsite (30%) and other locations for meetings may be required including out-of-town and overnight travel.
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that clearly understand the unique needs of different audiences (preferred).
- Knowledge of project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level Ability to prioritize work to ensure milestone and due date commitments are accomplished (preferred).
- Ability to create, update, and monitor outage, project, and construction schedules.
- Knowledge of plant system interfaces and interactions.
- Knowledge of Power Generation procedures (preferred).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
This job has expired.