Job ID: 480073
National Pipe & Plastics, a CRH company, is one of North America's largest PVC pipe producers, serving the water and energy markets from two east coast locations in Endicott, NY, and Greensboro, NC. But we're more than just a manufacturer. Our long history of exceptional customer service and product quality enables us to be a trusted and strategic solutions partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. As part of the CRH Infrastructure Products business, we are leading the industry with innovative, sustainable solutions with a safety-first mindset.
The Plant Manager is the senior leader on site and is responsible for everything that goes on inside the fence-line and is the driver of the production process. We look to the Plant Manager to build a collaborative environment between operations, sales, engineering, accounting, and transportation. This dynamic leader will be pushing continuous improvement in workplace safety, production efficiency, product cost, and customer service.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the plant employees and guests on site comply with safety and environmental practices - lead by example and build a safety first culture.
- Lead production scheduling to meet customer needs including timely delivery.
- Develop a keen focus on customer service and proactive communication across the team.
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure proper drawings and designs are being used during the manufacturing process.
- Purchase material/services to successfully operate the facility.
- Successfully hire, supervise, orient, train and retain operations/product staff.
- Promote and maintain a clean workplace that is "tour-ready" at all times.
- Ability to read drawings, plan production tasks from those drawings, and coach employees to produce product correctly.
- Ability to operate some of the standard tools on the plant floor such as overhead cranes, hand tools, batch plant, etc. While the Plant Manager will not be asked to operate these things continuously, having some of these skills will make him/her a better coach and troubleshooter.
- Be a leader and coach leadership. Motivate crews during morning huddles. Lead effective Mid-Day meetings. Coach Leads on how to set expectations on a whiteboard and have them followed. Lead inventory counts. Promote safety best practices in meetings with other Plant Managers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager as deemed appropriate and necessary by them.
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in business, operations, engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience working in a leadership role in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience with precast/concrete or building materials is a plus
- Proven track record of developing, leading and maintaining a continuous improvement mindset at the plant
- Ability to work on your feet for the majority of the day in a production/plant environment subject to areas that are unheated and/or non-air conditioned
- Ability to work with computer as necessary (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AX)
- Ability to lead and direct other individuals and work with other group leaders
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 11, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Binghamton Job Segment:
Plant Operator, Facilities, Plant Manager, Plant, Sales Engineer, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales