Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for maintaining an aggregate crushing and washing plant on a daily basis.
** Granite Construction-Utah is a union signatory contractor. This position is covered by the Operating Engineers Local 3**
- Maintain plant screens, cone crushers, jaw crushers, and washing equipment.
- Utilize and maintain various hand and power tools.
- Assist in servicing, repairing, adjusting, and maintaining various pieces of equipment and machinery.
- Perform inspections of plant equipment, tools, machinery, and work site.
- Operate mobile equipment including but not limited to skid steers, front end loaders, and forklifts.
- Will perform welding tasks on a weekly basis.
- Work with cranes and other lifting devices.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience operating mobile equipment, preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced mechanical skills, preferred.
- Previous experience working with construction aggregate materials, preferred.
- Welding experience or certification required.
- Ability to wear a full body harness and work at heights while tied off.
- Ability to work night shifts (occasionally extended hours).
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting, including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and solo in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Ability to obtain an MSHA Part 46 and 48 certificates as required for the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and comply with MSHA rules and regulations.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct daily.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Physical dexterity, stamina, and excellent hand-eye coordination with ability to: grasp, assemble, and lift objects, stand, sit, and walk for extended periods over uneven surfaces, squat, bend, climb ladders onto equipment or other objects, and potentially lie down.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling of heavy items weighing up to 80 lbs. or more.
- Ability to squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined spaces.
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.