Job ID: 450041
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Asphalt Plant Mechanic
Safely repairs plant equipment in such a way as to ensure all equipment is always operating in a safe condition. Reinforces the safety culture throughout the entire organization. Attends plant maintenance and plant safety meetings. Repairs issues identified during plant inspections in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times; as well as maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains plants.
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hoists, hand tools and power tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective parts, assembles and sub-assembles as needed.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment).
- Welds broken parts and structural members using cutting torch and welding equipment.
- Supply and maintain own tools required to perform job
- Current Drivers License and reliable source of transportation.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public at all times.
- Must be capable of climbing silos, aggregate bins and conveyor buildings and perform tasks at these heights
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time,
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as assigned.
About Pennsy Supply
- Class B CDL required or the willingness to obtain
- Class 7 inspection license required or the willingness to obtain
- Experience with diagnostic tools and trouble shooting
- Welding experience preferred
- Able to work various shifts to meet customer demand
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States.
EOE / M / F / Vet / DisabilityWhat CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 17, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Scranton Nearest Secondary Market:
Wilkes Barre Job Segment:
Maintenance Mechanic, Welding, Plant, Mechanic, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.