If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Psychiatry has an exciting opportunity for Three (3) Post-Doctoral Scholars to work at the UHealth Campus. The Post Doctoral Scholar takes initiative and works independently in developing new research ideas and troubleshooting new assays. Further, the incumbent facilitates the training of students, residents, fellows, and other trainees. Promoting Academic Workforce Diversity in Translational Behavioral and Cardio-Metabolic Research (PINNACLE) is an NHLBI-funded career advancing opportunity at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. It is a learning community providing intensive, didactic, and mentored research training to postdoctoral scholars, aimed at racial/ethnic minorities and those with disabilities, interested in developing careers in cardiometabolic research. It focuses on 6 core competencies: conceptual knowledge in translational sciences, communication skills, research skill development, professionalism, leadership and management skills, and responsible conduct of research. It empowers URM postdocs to conduct research by employing techniques at the forefront of their fields and to become innovative and creative leaders in the academic community. The T32 NIH Grant Funded Training and Mentoring program brings participants to the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Miami for a two-year postdoctoral learning experience where they will develop independent academic careers. It uses a congruent mentorship approach whereby mentors and mentees are matched based on common research interest, background, and specialty.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide fundamental training by interdisciplinary faculty in Provide fundamental training by interdisciplinary faculty in the area of behavioral and cardiovascular health research using translational, population health, and health equity methods and practices
- Establish partnerships between mentors (Primary and Peer) and mentees based on mutual research interests and background
- Provide individualized academic coaching to mentees while developing skills needed to develop independent research career
- Support mentees in developing and presenting poster and oral presentations
- Advise in developing ideas for innovative research and peer-reviewed publications
- Mentor Postdocs while they develop their grant proposal (e.g., F, K, or R mechanisms)
- MD or Ph.D. in relevant field
- No prior experience required
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
Research-Limited TermPay Grade:
This job has expired.