JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The primary purpose of a Power BI Developer is to transform data into meaningful insights through interactive dashboards and reports that help establish data-driven decision making across the organization.
As a Power BI Developer, you will also be responsible for understanding business requirements, data modelling, user experience design, testing, deployment, security layers and workspaces in Power BI. You will be expected to guide and upskill your team through knowledge and experience sharing
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop
- Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Able to implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI
- Proficient in writing DAX queries in Power BI
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation
- Building Analysis Services reporting models
- Able to develop tabular models that are compatible with warehouse standards
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis
- Should have knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, Visual Studio, etc.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation
- Ability to be creative and create dashboards from user stories
- Experience of 5+ years with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau, and Cognos
- Experience of 5+ years in data-specific roles
- Experience of 5+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience of 5+ years with DAX and M Query
- Should be familiar and experienced in SQL
- Familiarity with Python
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to 10%) required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.