ITT is seeking individuals to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy, start-up environment to launch new sustainable products to market with accelerated commercial success. Flow machines (pumps, fans, compressors) are one of the largest consumers of energy on the planet and account for approximately 35% of global electricity consumption. ITT is developing new technologies in electric motors, power electronics and smart connected devices that reduce energy of flow machines as much as 50%. You will part of the founding team of this new EMD Initiative with opportunities to grow into key leadership positions.
The Power Electronics Engineer, Strategic Initiative is responsible for the engineering, design and validation of new cutting-edge motor-drive topologies. This position will be the lead engineer and primary subject matter expert in power electronics design and motor-drives. S/he will coordinate with internal teams, external manufacturing partners, universities, and 3rd party certification agencies to achieve program goals.
- Perform system level design and integration of power electronic circuits
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot control systems for power electronic products such as converters and inverters for motor driven applications
- Lead PCB (gate driver, gate drive power supply, etc.) design review and test
- Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms, digital filters and the general control of power electronics systems
- Create test procedures to verify hardware & firmware designs
- Ensure products meet safety and agency requirements (ex. UL, IEC)
- Create simulation models for control design using MATLAB/Simulink/PSIM/ and or PLECS
- Write software (embedded C-code) to support real-time interfacing of control algorithms
- Write firmware (VHDL) to support FPGA control algorithms
- Evaluate and debug circuit design; perform root cause analysis and identify solutions
- Interact with customers and project partners relating to program goals
- Maintain organizational standards of quality and performance
- Prepare technical reports on results and design decisions
- Travel < 20%
About the Company:
- MS degree (PhD preferred), in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years in power electronics engineering, preference with motor-drive experience
- Experience with advance topologies and design of power electronics circuits (VFDs)
- Strong hands-on hardware and software development with C/C++
- Experience of FPGAs and programming in VHDL as applied to power electronics
- Knowledge of industry safety standards
- MATLAB/Simulink/PSIM/ and or PLECS
- PCB design using Altium & Hyperlynx
- Proactive and results-driven; thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Headquartered in Stamford, CT, ITT Inc. has employees more than 35 countries and sales in approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2021 revenues of approximately $2.8 billion and has 10,000+ employees around the globe.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a workplace defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. ITT was also awarded the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award which distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
(2021 Revenue of $850M; headcount of 2,500; operates in 30 countries) designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
(2021 Revenue of $1.4B; headcount of 4,700; operates in 12 countries) designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive, rail and defense markets; Connect and Control Technologies
(2021 Revenue of $550M; headcount of 2,500; operates in 10 countries) designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
This job has expired.