The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for all preconstruction phase estimating services from initial programmatic intent through construction documents pricing for assigned projects. Estimating services include feasibility studies, budgets from conceptual design to bidding, comparative studies, value engineering and presentation of the same to both internal and external clients. The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for the accuracy of the estimate and personification of The HITT Way.
- Providing complete suite of estimating services described above with minimal oversight
- Estimating a variety of building types
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines, with ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Presenting technical and financial information to stakeholders, including changes from previously presented information
- The majority of the work is completed in an office environment. Visits to jobsites are as necessary. Due to conditions on a construction site, employees are required to wear safety equipment per company policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field, required
- Five (5) to seven (7) years' of related work experience, with two (2) of those years in estimating required
- The Preconstruction Manager should possess the following skills or abilities:
- Read construction drawings and specifications and identify missing elements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analyze technical information
- Analyze market and trade trends
- Understand geotechnical reports
- Coordinate with stakeholders (developers, architects, subcontractors and HITT Operations) throughout design-assist process, including attendance at design meetings as a HITT representative during preconstruction phase services
- Provide oversight to Assistant Preconstruction Manager/Assistant Estimator
- Make and influence decisions under tight deadlines and sometimes with incomplete information
- Exhibit business sense, forge partnerships with subcontractors, analyze risk
- Distribute documents without the support of an administrative assistant
- The Preconstruction Manager should be proficient in the use of the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite, with high level of proficiency using Excel
- On Screen Take-off (OST)
- Adobe products, including Bluebeam
- Building Connected, preferred, but not required
- The Preconstruction Manager should demonstrate integrity consistent with company values
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.