Please review the details for the position before applying for the opening. If you are an internal employee, please apply through the internal portal on Workday. You should have your completed resume/cv and cover letter ready to upload. You should upload both documents on the third page (the required section is named resume/cv - this is also where you should upload your cover letter). These documents should either be in a PDF format (.pdf) or a Word document (.doc) format.
Job Posting Title
Preventative Maintenance Supervisor
Job Description Summary
Under direction, the Preventative Maintenance (PM) Supervisor plans, coordinates and supervises the preventative maintenance and repairs of facilities, buildings, equipment, facilities and grounds. Has oversight of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks related to equipment on campus.
The PM Supervisor coordinate work assignments the Preventative Maintenance Group Leader and team, reporting directly to the Maintenance Service Manager. The Supervisor will establish priorities and work schedules for maintenance personnel. He or she will maintain accurate records utilizing work orders, and will maintain and prepare job cost reports and man hour and job standard performance reports.
This position is responsible for determining the need, scheduling tasks, assigning technicians to tasks and performing tasks including maintenance of an air handler unit (AHU), refrigeration systems, fume hoods, the replacement of filters, belts, lights, intake screens, seals, and other items: the lubrication, preservation, and servicing of equipment: the inspection and diagnosis of information contributing to preventative and predictive maintenance scheduling: accurate collection and the entry and analysis of information. This position will ensure that requests for work are accurately translated to service requests and that the work is assessed, allocated, and accomplished appropriately. The position will demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work process and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service. The candidate is expected to be able to work with our work order management system, in particular the Preventative Maintenance module.
The PM group has the largest budget within the trades group which involves the purchasing of supplies and materials, contracted labor and service contracts. The PM supervisor will be responsible for all expenditures within the PM account lines.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Work with new Preventative Maintenance (PM) group to capitalize and prioritize which systems and pieces of equipment are scheduled for maintenance. the group will be performing PM's across all trades.
- Establish work schedules for maintenance personnel to capitalize on the most efficient and effective methods in handling maintenance and repair requests. Estimate labor hours to complete tasks.
- Work with facilities department team (PM technicians, other trades & project managers) to expand the equipment asset inventory in the database.
- Conduct random inspections of work performed and paperwork completed for accuracy.
- Facilitate accurate and timely communication among crew, with the management team, and the customer (Service recipient) regarding changes, updates and scheduling of the maintenance.
- Must be available to participate in the manager after hour on-call rotation.
- Will have direct oversight of the Preventative Maintenance (PM) group. The staff members of the PM group are members of the IMSEAU union. Currently, there is a (1) Plumber, (1) Electrician, (1) HVAC/Steam fitter and (3) Refrigeration technicians. The group does have its own department leadership which consists of a Group Leader and Assistant Group Leader from the members mentioned above.
Skills and Abilities
- A high school diploma or its equivalent (associate's or B.S. degree preferred); a minimum of five years' related experience; expertise in one or more of the skilled trades, facilities management, or an engineering discipline; strong background in repair and maintenance and/or facilities management in an academic setting with oversight over mechanical, electrical, and plumbing preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in job planning and execution; excellent interpersonal and written and oral communications skills. Experience that proves good judgement in making decisions, asking for assistance when needed, bringing forward problems, communicating with others and working around moving machinery and mechanical rooms.
- Ability to speak English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to interpret and write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to work with computer technology - in particular, IPAD's for the Work Order and PM module and time management module.
All employees hired after August 2, 2021 are required to upload proof of vaccination and booster against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations.Worker Sub-Type
Full timeEEO StatementAt Wellesley, we embrace and honor difference and diversity. We believe the best ideas-the best solutions-draw on a range of voices, perspectives, and experiences. As a college, and as a community, we are dedicated to assuring that all members for the Wellesley community have an equal opportunity to flourish. Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.