Newark, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.
Performs costing and pricing process for new and existing customers. Manages customer pricing by leveraging best practices and methodology of the global proposal desk. Supports program management and customer management with quoting, cost reductions, price changes, analytics and profitability analyses.
Job Level Specifications:
- Prepares timely and accurate quotes for customers leveraging the global proposal desk and ensuring all quotes are approved and comply with internal policies.
- Conducts quote review to ensure price accuracy and competitiveness of pre/post sales processes of assigned line cards.
- Contributes to strategic pricing decisions and creates pricing models to support customers.
- Prepare and maintain all customer price books and cost models including day-to-day operations of timely and accurate updating of quote tool(s) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Works with materials, sales, program management, supplier Business Development Managers (BDM), customer service, and finance to ensure best costs for customers.
- May prepare reports to ensure customer margin performance.
- Tracks all win/loss results and provides activity reports to sales team to identify opportunities to increase sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Acquired and applies working knowledge of the organization, job, practices and procedures to be proficient in all aspects of job.
- Performs functions semi-routine in nature and recognizes the need for occasional alternative solutions.
- Work is performed independently, with minimal supervision. Able to establish priorities and manage time to complete work.
- Collaboration with other departments or teams may be required to perform role. May frequently respond to requests from others, internally or externally.
- Impact of decisions may affect the department. Errors may result in loss of time, resources and/or customer satisfaction.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically requires a minimum of two years of related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Position may require the ability to travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.