Join The BOSS Snowplow's division and be part of the team that develops high-performing products that keep businesses open during the winter months. The BOSS division continues to lead the global market with best-in-class snow removal solutions.
Participate in the definition of and then develop embedded controls firmware for the BOSS Snowplow division product line, both for new product and product enhancements. Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements software programming applications. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with product team members to develop machine software requirement/specification documentation.
- Creates software designs that satisfy the product requirements as outlined in the specification documentation and resolves design issues.
- Provides design documentation detailing the software implementation and interfaces.
- Works with vendors to finalize software interfaces and integrate vendor supplied components into a product platform.
- Creates maintainable, reusable software designs that satisfy the product requirements.
- Provide thought leadership of emerging technologies, standards, innovations, and industry trends
- Document designs and software frameworks.
- Incorporation of existing company software architectures or enterprise-level in Boss division product designs.
- Collaborative with other teams to create embedded designs that will satisfy the broader needs.
- Consider other industry standards related to embedded software work at Toro/BOSS such as communication or safety-related standards and implement strategies with these external standards in mind.
- Verifies designs via product functional test and resolves design issues via software emulation.
- Consults with software and product testers and technicians to support product test.
- Follows an established engineering software development process, safety standards, and a release and change management process. Helps junior engineers do the same.
- Teams with additional multiple departments including Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Advanced Manufacturing, Customer Service, and Technical Publications.
- Keeps abreast of new technological developments such as development tools, microcontrollers, and associated components, which would affect the software design or design process.
- Travels occasionally to test sites, distributors, customers, vendors, manufacturing facilities, and others, as necessary.
- Operates equipment regularly to gain insight into product operation and utilization.
Preferred experience in one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an ABET accredited Electrical, Mechanical, Aeronautical or Agricultural Engineering program with comparable computing experience, or
- B.S. or Masters Degree in a relevant computing field is desirable.
- Professional Engineering license and/or successful completion of EIT requirements is desirable.
- 8+ years of experience in embedded controls design and development, communication protocol design and application, multi-controller integration, middleware, database management or operations. Systems design, analysis, diagnostics, and testing are desirable.
- Experience in C programming. Other languages such as C++, C#, XML, Python, Java, etc. are desirable.
- Experience working with IDEs and configuration managements tools such as SVN and JIRA.
- Proven ability to develop detailed solution designs. Understands architecture constructs and patterns, serial protocols such as CAN J1939, development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Proven broad analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, requests and multiple priorities while meeting implementation and daily turnaround deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well on cross-functional project teams.
- Experience with automotive or off-road equipment
- Experience implementing CAN J1939 functionality and using CAN-related tools
- Experience designing GUI for embedded displays or machine UX experience
- Familiarity with Functional Safety design and standards including unit test development
- Experience with electric motor control theory and application
- Experience with multi-disciplinary system applications and cross platform machine design
- Experience with robotics and/or smart connected projects
- Experience with machine modeling and code generation software
- Ability to lead and guide others, whether direct reports or associated team members
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.