Process Architect or Process Designer- Life Sciences-GBA
The Life Sciences team at GBA is growing our Life Sciences process architecture practice by adding teammates in the Lenexa, Kansas, Broomfield, CO, or Cary, NC offices. Serving many of the world's top pharma/bio-pharma companies, the Life Sciences group is an integrated team of architects, engineers, commissioning specialists, project managers, and construction managers. Architects and Engineers work closely with GBA's life sciences leadership team in the design of systems associated with pharmaceutical, industrial, warehouse, and office facilities. Project assignments include Pharma/Bio-Pharm manufacturing facilities, research facilities, clean room, R&D/QA labs, and pilot plants. GBA offers the opportunity to work on a large variety of projects from start to finish, in a collaborative team environment, with room for career growth and development.
The Process Architect will work under the direction of the Director of Process Architecture. The successful candidate will participate in client interviews to understand and develop programming needs, project requirements, conceptual design and the project basis of design.
Our ideal candidate comes from an architectural background with a knack for conceptual design OR from the pharmaceutical manufacturing owner's side.
Education and Experience
- Assist in the development of conceptual design and master planning solutions for the client based on programming data
- Interpret programming needs into conceptual design
- Assist team in defining project scope
- Develop presentations, designs and technical solutions through all phases of a project.
- Ability to understand project drivers and implications in order to develop creative solutions
- Generate design and construction models and associated documentation utilizing Revit
- Flexibility for non-traditional architecture tasks in support of client and group requirements
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities for the purpose of gathering design data, documents, measurements or observation of facility operations
- Develop presentation plans and diagrams, assist in the presentation
- Create detailed meeting minutes to document client needs
- Knack for summarizing discussions and articulating concepts, both verbally and graphically
- Collaborate with the project team, internal architects, engineers, , and other consultants to help understand the project goals.
- Work with clients under the direction of the senior process architect.
- Contribute and/or Research building materials and coordinate into project specifications
- Assist with computer aided drawing, code research, product research, and construction document creation, drawing and detailing.
- Manage or assist in the creation of conceptual renderings
- Other duties as assigned
It's More Than Just A Job...
- Bachelors/Master of Architecture degree with 5 years of architectural or process design experience
- Experience in biotech/biopharm and/or laboratory design preferred.
- Superior graphic design and building design and conceptualization skills
- Good report and technical writing skills
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Bluebeam, Sketch up, or other 3D software experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of International Building Codes is an asset
- Knowledge of FDA and EU pharmaceutical standards is an asset
- Excellent listening, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment with clients and colleagues
- Resolving challenges by developing solutions
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers.
- Flexible and willing to assist with multiple tasks.
- Develop and maintain client confidence in our staff and operations by maintaining a high level of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and performance
At GBA, we are not your average architectural engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We've created an environment where we celebrate our team's eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you'll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.