ABOUT YOU / WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
Are you passionate about renewable energy projects? Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting Process Engineer opportunity for you with Montrose Water & Sustainability Services (MWSS) in Bloomington, MN or Portland, OR!
Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,000 employees across 70 locations worldwide. We are focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Originating, Developing and Delivering Process Engineering solutions for carbon negative waste to energy projects
- Driving proposal development process and project feasibility assessments
- Performing preliminary assessments of yield and quality, capital and annual operational expense for projects
- Completing detailed Energy and Material Balance calculations
- Drafting preliminary plant layouts and block flow, process flow diagrams
- Writing assessment reports and providing recommendations on project activities
- Supporting compliance and regulatory documents and submittals
- Supporting technical and commercial project development efforts, R&D efforts
- Working closely with Project Managers, Engineering and Design Teams, Construction teams and Operations teams
- Being a positive culture carrier and leader in maintaining and driving safe working conditions and behaviors
- Identifying, leading and/or supporting the team in continuous improvement opportunities for project processes, engineering processes and operational processes
- Integrating with MWSS customers and partners
- Obtaining operations experience at existing renewable natural gas facilities.
- Participating in plant troubleshooting, turnaround support and performance optimization for existing facilities
- Supporting development of work instructions, leading P&ID reviews and commissioning walk-down inspections
- Assisting with the hands-on set-up of testing equipment and provide technical troubleshooting of equipment and process support
- Utilizing a general understanding of system hydraulics, thermodynamic and mechanical operation/functionality and instrumentation/electrical control schemes;
- Implementing lessons learned with feedback from engineers, project managers and construction/commissioning leaders.
- Travelling as needed, to support project teams on the delivery of MWSS products to its' customers. Estimated travel is 10-30%
- Willingness to work non-standard durations and varied schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of related work experience
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills and self-starter with good work ethic and sense of urgency with the drive to improve, adapt and think on your feet
- Must be proficient in the following programs: MS Office Suite and AutoCAD
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Professional Engineer Certification (PE)
- Experience with steam and superheated steam
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.