Procurement Specialist #442014FTE:
Procurement & Payment ServicesJob Summary/Basic Function:
About This Role:
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for all activities related to the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment, services, contracts, etc. for all University departments. This position provides proficient purchasing knowledge and skills in performing various standard procurement-related duties within the department. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing sources, processing requisitions, perform entry level contract reviews, soliciting and analyzing bids, and issuing Purchase Orders.
What You'll Do - Position Duties
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Performs entry-level purchasing and procurement work. This involves purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services using applicable guidelines, rules, policies, and laws.
- Receive and evaluate departmental requisitions, identify potential suppliers, and analyze and select appropriate procurement methods based on established procurement requirements and best value criterion.
- Prepares and executes purchase orders in accordance with applicable procurement regulations, polices, and procedures.
- Prepares and reviews orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Works with University departments to prepare and develop specifications for an unlimited range of goods and assists with drafting certain scopes of work for review by upper level staff.
- Prepares and distributes bid invitations to vendors.
- Reviews and tabulates bid evaluations to determine lowest or best value and makes recommendations for award.
- Tracks the status of requisitions and purchase orders.
- Provides direction to departmental personnel on routine issues and concerns related to procurement, referring to a supervisor or more senior procurement specialist on all non-routine procurement issues; monitor and investigate issues and assist with problem resolution.
- Establish and maintain effective business community relations.
- Actively promote and champion participation in University's Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program to positively impact relationships and program results.
- Maintain proper procurement files and records relating to the purchasing and contracting process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who We Are:
- Research and recommend new supply sources to support the efficient delivery of services and equipment.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to further procurement strategies.
- May assist with emergency purchases.
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100-degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve. Benefits - Job Perks:
At Lamar University one of the ways, we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- State of Texas Retirement plans
- Tuition covered at 100% for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
- Paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays.
What You'll Need to Succeed - Minimum Qualifications
What You'll Need to Succeed - Minimum Experience
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred, from an accredited institution in related field.
- A combination of education, experience, and training to produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
- Three (3) years of purchasing-related experience required. Experience in higher education and government purchasing experience with experience with Texas agencies preferred.
- Must possess demonstrated experience in analyzing complex issues and working with multiple deadlines on time-sensitive projects.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of office computer software, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel, in addition to other standard office equipment, email, internet and have ability to learn specialty procurement and contract software.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
$33,634 - $39,562Posting Date:
01/11/2023Open Until Filled: