Successful businesses all have one thing in common - they know where they are going, and they have a strategic plan to get there. The Product Strategy Manager's role is to define, communicate and drive the execution of their product's business plan to achieve the organization's strategic objectives.
The Product Strategy Manager establishes the strategic business plan, which includes KPIs for product financials, go to market timing, price & position, and content, and defines roadmaps for execution. The position is responsible for working with global, cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, define targets and plans to achieve them. The position will also establish documentation and communication methods to ensure product line strategy is accepted and executed. Driving alignment to and execution of the product business plan ensures Bobcat products compete optimally in the market, allowing Bobcat to achieve sales and financial targets.
Role & Responsibility
Product Line Business Strategy (Long Range Plan Focus)
- Define and maintain a five-year (at minimum) product line Business Plan, aligned to company objectives. Product Business Plans include but are not limited to strategic targets for performance (revenue, margin, share, quality), commercial schedules, price & positioning, product content as well as project schedules.
- Drive organizational alignment to product business plans by developing documentation and communication methods ensuring awareness to leadership and to product development planning teams. Organizational alignment includes but is not limited to cross-functional, regional, and global alignment.
- Refine existing or develop new product roadmap management processes that govern product strategy activities and facilitate cross-regional, cross-functional collaboration.
- Conduct industry analysis and forecast, including competitive dynamics, strategic feature/benefit targets and price/position targets supporting overall product positioning strategy.
- Identify and validate new business opportunities through existing or new research avenues, competitive benchmarking, or collaborating with customer insights, product development and competitive intelligence functions.
New Product Development Planning and Enabling Execution
- Ensure product line AOP project plan is aligned to product roadmap by reviewing prioritization of strategic NPD and R&D projects as part of the PMO AOP process.
- Activate strategic projects at the right time to achieve business and regulatory objectives.
- Communicate strategic project targets to product development teams for inclusion in NPD project scope via Project Business Cases.
- Drive creation of a wholistic product roadmap by collaborating with Product Development teams to align near-term as well as long-term execution plans.
Business & Product Line Performance Monitoring
- Drive accountability to product line business plan by defining strategic annual KPIs supporting LRP targets and regularly monitoring execution progress.
- Continuously monitor business performance and identify opportunities by collecting, organizing and analyzing product line sales, margin, market share and competitive dynamics.
- Maximize business performance by proposing product line price / position changes and model portfolio / configuration changes, including AOP and mid-year pricing proposals.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Economics, or applicable degree field.
- Experience Required: 7+ years of experience in Product Development, Engineering or Market Development.
- Travel Required: 10-24%.
- Experience in building business plans and projecting/measuring Return On Investment.
- Experience in conducting and compiling customer research.
- Experience in managing and developing Construction products and operation experience.
- Strategic business and financial acumen.
- Strong communication skills (team leadership, presentation ability, proactive focus due to geographies).
- Proven experience in developing and executing strategic plans.
- Strong organizational and influencing skills, ability to engage stakeholders.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- Strong combination of strategic thinking, detailed tactical planning, and project management expertise.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed fostering an inclusive and a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
This job has expired.