Product Production Engineers at Meta are software engineers who focus on the reliability, scalability, performance, privacy and security of Meta Products - such as Instagram or Messenger and our business platforms such as Ads, Business Messaging and Commerce. Through a deep understanding of production services, and a passion for automation, they allow our product teams to deliver new features quickly while maintaining an awesome user experience. They are embedded in Facebook's product teams and are core participants in every significant engineering effort.Our team members come with varying levels of experience and diverse backgrounds. Relevant industry experience is important (Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer, Database Administrator or similar role), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Meta in Production Engineering, and we are always learning.This position is full-time.
Production Engineer (Products) Responsibilities:
- Own the end-to-end reliability and scalability of the platforms, services, and products built on top of Meta's underlying infrastructure and network.
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world.
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for live service incidents.
- Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by billions of users all around the world.
- 4+ years experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., PHP, Python, C++, or Java).
- 4+ years building, maintaining, and debugging production services/platforms such as cloud infrastructure, load balancers, relational databases, and messaging systems.
- 4+ years experience with software development, frameworks and APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Depth of understanding in an areas such as operating systems or TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience with distributed web-scale systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.