At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter
You Are Best Suited For The Role If You Have
- Work closely with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
- Oversee and ensure operational goals are achieved within Milk Receiving, Pasteurization, and Cheese Making through effective leadership, planning, consistent and decisive decisions, communication, training.
- Apply cheese making skill and craft to produce cheeses of the highest consistency, integrity and safety while instilling passion and ownership into those led.
- Effectively monitor and reinforce cheese making requirements with staff (i.e. technique, appearance, aroma, taste, texture, etc.).
- Participate in the cheese grading process (i.e. sight, smell, taste, texture); providing feedback to appropriate contacts in an effort to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Ensure safety, GMPs and sanitation procedures are understood and adhered to by all employees.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and direct set-up and adjustments to machines, processes, etc.
- Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing employee trainings (i.e. SOPs, SSOPs, safety, etc.) and monitor work performance for comprehension.
- Monitor the work area to ensure that a safe environment is maintained and all plant safety rules are understood and followed. Promote a culture of safety and ownership through open communication.
- Accurate and timely completion of assigned paperwork, including production records, Master Cleaning Sanitation Lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other paperwork deemed necessary.
We Support and Care For Our Employees By Providing Them With...
- Degree preferred in Supervisory Management, Business Management, Operations Management, Food Science or similar field, or equivalent experience within the cheese/dairy industry.
- One to three years of supervisory experience in a dairy or food manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP principles.
- Valid Wisconsin Cheese Maker License (or ability to obtain), preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin Cheese Grader's License (or ability to obtain), preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to evaluate production processes and determine the most efficient method of accomplishing goals.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).