This Production Supervisor (Manufacturing Engineer) is a second shift position under the general direction of the Operations Manager- Micro Irrigation (MIB), providing leadership and daily support for the production and maintenance teams. This position leads the day-to-day production activates to assure that all processes & equipment are operational and producing at levels meeting organizational goals. Responsibilities include technical support of the maintenance technicians, production leads, and other employees. This position supports the implementation of strategies that are in alignment with organizational initiatives and provides a clear communication of direction and focus.
- The Production Supervisor (Manufacturing Engineer) provides leadership and direction using the production leads to accomplish company goals & objectives (Cost, quality, efficiency, schedules, & deliveries)
- Provides oversight and auditing systems to ensure that quality & costs are maintained through process & material control
- Controls and minimizes labor overtime, scrap material, waste cost, and repair expenses.
- Ensures that production leads, & production personnel carry out all daily duties
- Working with the maintenance manager & operations manager, ensures that all maintenance tasks are addressed immediately and any tasks assigned to production are carried out per Total Productive Maintenance programs.
- Maintain good and consistent communications with all employees & to upper management to keep them well abreast of facility, division and company plans, objectives, and performance
- Ensures accurate daily production data for processing using systems, training, and auditing
- Develop needed skills and abilities of production employees while oversee the department training log and that they meet the expected level of performance for each task/subject
- Performs progressive discipline per company policy as needed
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all manufacturing employees on their shift.
- Provides engineering expertise and support for both the maintenance and production groups
- Monitors equipment, including regular testing to ensure that maintenance is up-to-date and the equipment is working as required for maximum efficiency
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY
- Implements Lean principles and methodologies consistent with the Toro Business Systems (TBS) model toward achieving Toro Operations Excellence status.
- Supports TBS implementation strategy for effective Lean Transformation within the enterprise. Works directly with site personnel to achieve functional excellence as defined by TBS.
- Facilitates lean events including but not limited to CCF & MMF (publications) consistent with the site transformation plan.
- Develops skills and abilities of employees throughout the organization to further lean thinking and actions throughout the enterprise.
- Actively leads and/or participates in process improvement activities via Lean as well as root cause analysis of safety, quality, delivery, and/or cost abnormalities
- Evaluates processes for automation opportunities
- Ensures that the autonomous maintenance systems on equipment are used by the operator and audited daily
- Leads and supports operating in a continuous improvement environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Assures a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems & hazardous conditions through proactive risk identification and audits
- Assures departmental compliance with all facility health & safety policies.
- Provides site leadership and training on manufacturing safety procedures and select OSHA Safety compliance programs as needed.
- Is a key member of the site Safety Committee participating in incident/injury investigations, corrective actions, and the timely completion of safety related improvements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent technical field from a 4-year college or equivalent; five (5) years related manufacturing engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
This job has expired.
- The Production Supervisor (Manufacturing Engineer) demonstrates strong leadership, team building and advanced, coaching and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance, and engineering.
- Strong technical skills and experience with production systems and processes
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Experienced in being a key member or leading lean transformation in a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using databases, MS office, ERP systems, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Lean six sigma black belt certification and experience a plus