Safely make and deliver a quality product right the first time that meet or exceeds company and customer expectations. Perform as a member of the Operations Team. Perform tasks required to work safely around manufacturing equipment; work safely in handling industrial cleaning chemicals; unload tankers, run, shutdown, and CIP the dryer, evaporator, and all associated equipment; and run and clean packaging equipment. Perform minor equipment maintenance. Adhere to all GMP, HACCP, safety, regulatory, and plant policies and procedures. Promote safety, maintain a sanitary food environment, and ensure that only the highest quality product is made. Work with facility leadership to engage in professional development in a learning organization. Work day or night shifts, 12-hour shift schedules including weekends and holidays, and overtime as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment
- Perform all master sanitation duties
- Maintain general housekeeping of the production areas
- Perform tasks of receiving milk and starting, running, shutting down, and cleaning the dryer/evaporator and associated equipment
- Perform required laboratory and quality checks
- Accurately maintain required logs
- Perform tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform all chemical tests
- Complete and store all required documents as per 5S standards
- Achieve production goals (KPI's)
- Document processes
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment
- Attend required training, including but not limited to, Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF)
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding health and safety issues
- Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive
- Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements
Education and Experience
- Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Certification and/or License -- None
The starting rate is $18.00, but increases eligible over time.
Sign on bonus may be available.
This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, AD&D, long term disability, short term disability, 401k and flex spending/HSA benefits