West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV is currently inviting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Program Assistant I is classified, part-time and benefits eligible.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Utilize 25Live to track outside requests for reservation of classroom space and other University facilities.
- Explain University policies regarding this issue and refer individual to the appropriate University department.
- Coordinate the day to day requests for scheduling University Facilities (meeting rooms, seminar rooms, conference rooms, etc.) submitted by faculty, staff, students, administrators, outside agencies, and individuals in accordance
with approved guidelines, policies and procedures. This involves communication with requestor to determine needs, resolving any possible conflicts for space and/or negotiation the use of alternative spaces managed by other units.
- Coordinate facilities, equipment and dinning for campus events needing space on campus and take photos of completed event setup, create a folder to be able to share with others, or duplicate for future events.
- Meet/discuss with requestor to get sign off on each setup for events.
- Determine the needs of the requestor, number of tables, chairs, style of room layout, etc. Work and coordinate with Dining and UPD if necessary for additional services.
- Assist team with physically setting up tables, chairs, displays, etc. for registration and other events and disassembles and stores items at the end of event.
- Issue weekly scheduling reports of facilities/room use to Facilities Management, University Police, building supervisors, and other necessary support units.
- Produce other scheduling reports or analysis as requested.
- Provide consultation and training sessions with Deans, Department heads and/or their designees to occur frequently regarding changes in the scheduling process.
- Work directly with scheduling office in Morgantown for any issues with the software or training needs. Update room information and photos within 25Live.
- Back up Office manager during lunch hour, absences or when required to help with work load.
- Schedule appointments or meetings as necessary to accommodate unexpected changes in priorities or work
requirements. Notifies all parties of location, time, and agenda and provides required supporting material via typed memorandums, telephone calls or via email.
- May handle confidential and sensitive information which may include writing and reviewing outgoing letters, memos, and e-mail messages.
- Make copies/scan receipts, work orders, etc. to properly track and file.
- Create and close out work orders.
- Attend various training classes, seminars, and other meetings to learn new techniques and procedures and to remain current in all safety requirements.
- Create a work order if you detect an issue that needs repaired.
- Notify Office Manager if you need supplies or equipment is not working.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as directed.
PAY GRADE: 12
Associates degree required or combination of schooling and experience.
- Six (6) months experience managing multiple projects.
- Six (6) months experience working in a complex business or higher education office supporting senior level leadership to
include confidential office protocol, scheduling, creating spreadsheets, documents, etc.
- Six (6) months experience with professional writing.
- This level of responsibility requires a high degree of critical thinking, independent judgment, personal initiative and
the ability to resolve complex situations and tasks with minimum supervision. Demonstrated ability to discern and
establish priorities, exercise good judgment with exceptional attention to detail, while remaining flexible when unusual
circumstances arise. Ability to organize, prioritize and ensure assigned and/or delegated tasks completed accurately and
- Ability to understand the goals and objectives of the Facilities Management organization to effectively identify top
alternatives, guide decision making, make recommendations, and aid in implementation
- Ability to work within a complex organization in handling work assignments that involve demonstration of skills related to
supporting a wide variety of persons, both internally and externally.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity when communicating with both internal and
external customers, the media, students, faculty, staff, peers and community leaders.
- Must exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills and have the ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships. Ability to write clear and concise reports, presentations, papers, etc. Proficient computer skills to include
data analysis, MS Office Suite, and other applicable software applications.
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!