Start Date: Aug 31, 2023
Salary: $65 K - $75 K annually
Position Vacancy - Program Associate to support the School Systems Partnerships & Programs (SSPP) team, Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center)
Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center), a division within Bank Street
College of Education (the College) created to support the College's systems-level work with school
districts, is currently seeking a Program Associate to support project teams and general operations
across the School Systems Partnerships & Programs (SSPP) team. They will have the opportunity to
work closely with project teams across SSPP. The Program Associate will manage operational and
logistics responsibilities across assigned project teams, provide project management and analytics
support, and support the maintenance of operational systems and processes across SSPP.
Key relationships: The Program Associate will report to the Senior Director of Partnerships and work
closely with their project teams as well as the broader SSPP team.
Responsibilities: In collaboration with their supervisors and the broader SSPP team, the Program Associate will be responsible for the following:
Logistics & Operations:
- Collaborating with the Project Manager and Project Director to manage the administrative elements of regular meetings with stakeholders, including scheduling, preparing agendas,handouts, PowerPoint decks, and necessary materials, and following up from meetings as needed.
- Creating, iterating on, and finalizing PowerPoint decks, handouts, agendas, and related materials for professional learning sessions.
- Providing technical support for professional learning engagements, including managing logistical details and platform guidance in preparation of and during sessions.
- Supporting in graphic design and technological production ranging from material design and creation, copy editing, video editing, document creation, recording, troubleshooting, etc.
- Maintaining internal budget tracking across projects, including managing invoices and reimbursements, liaising with team members and consultants, managing internal budgetary tracking systems, etc.
- Supporting in drafting and executing consultant contracts, managing consultant invoices and payments.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials in the office and electronically.
- Maintaining functional and supportive organizational systems and processes, including managing the G:Drive, codifying and revising existing and new processes, etc. and performing related tasks as assigned.
Project Management & Analytics:
- Supporting the Project Manager in regularly monitoring and updating project plans;
- Executing on project timelines in support of the overall project (e.g., via calendaring, scheduling, notes, etc.)
- Documenting team notes, key decisions, and articulating next steps during meetings and sessions, and identifying key decisions and next steps.
- Providing communications updates and supports internally for project team coherence.
- Supporting in the creation of regular newsletters to network participants, including drafting and revising content, managing the communications platform, and finalizing newsletters for release.
- Manage social media and communications platforms.
- Supporting in data collection processes across projects, including performing data entry and maintaining data collection systems.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Background in education (nonprofit organizations and/or secondary education development preferred)
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in education, nonprofit policy, or related field.
- Experience working with diverse and/or historically deprioritized student populations at the classroom- and/or school- levels
- Strong communications skills (email, writing, in-person)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with ability to perform independently
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work productively with folx of diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Demonstrated Google suite, PowerPoint, Excel, project management, and analytical skills
- A reflective learner's stance
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to self-initiate professional learning opportunities
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative
$65,000 - $75,000 Application information:
- This position is contingent upon available funding.
- Please apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume for the position in the "Job Opportunities" section on Bank Street's website:
- Please address cover letters to:
Vice President, Bank Street Education Center
Bank Street College
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
- In your cover letter, please include where you came across this job posting
BANK STREET COLLEGE OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION ETHNIC ORIGIN, SEX, OR
DISABILITY IN ITS EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND OTHER COLLEGE ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.Notice to Applicant: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
We appreciate your interest in employment at Bank Street College of Education. We would like to note that the College has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
For additional information regarding our policy on the COVID-19 vaccination, click .
This job has expired.