Job Title : Program Specialist
Reports to : Partnerships Manager
Location : Washington, DC preferred (open to remote work, Eastern Standard Time ( EST ) time zone working hours required)
DAI seeks a Program Specialist for the USAID-funded Critical Infrastructure Digitalization and Resilience (CIDR) program. This program support s the g overnments of Europe & Eurasia countries (including the Western Balkans, Black Sea region , and the Caucasus) in assisting critical infrastructure entities to incorporate cybersecurity best practices into organizational operations, planning, and procurement; prioritize cybersecurity investment needs; adopt standards and corresponding security controls; and establish the basis for region-wide cybersecurity information sharing. Through a regional approach targeting improved policies and legislation, information sharing, workforce development, and capacity-building, the program target s sectors such as e nergy (electric, natural gas, oil, district heating), w ater (transmission, distribution), t ransport, h ealthcare, f inance, and t elecommunications.
The Program Specialist will provide programmatic support in a variety of functions across CIDR, including programmatic, administrative, partnerships, procurement, and operational tasks. This is a full-tim e pro ject position based in Washington, DC . There is openness to remote work with the understanding that EST working hours are required . The program supports Eastern Europe and will require flexibility to hold some virtual meetings outside of EST working hours as needed. The Program Specialist report s directly to the Partnerships Manager .
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft ing programmatic documents , including program summaries and program descriptions , for a variety of internal and external audiences;
- Preparing draft modifications and contracts for new and/or existing partners;
- Attending client, stakeholder and staff meetings, composing agenda, taking notes and reporting out to participants;
- Drafting scopes of work for staff positions (LTTA and STTA), firms, and activities;
- Develop and maintain programmatic trackers, as requested ;
- Supports project MEL functions and activities, including assisting with data gathering, tracking, and implementation of learning events;
- Review and edit programmatic deliverables, as needed;
- Serve as the CIDR project co-Security Focal Point;
- Additional responsibilities as project needs evolve.
- Assist ing the Partnerships Manager with technical procurements, such as preparing solicitations, identifying T echnical Evaluation Committee (TEC) members, scheduling TEC meeting s , saving proposal submissions to the files, and assisting with preparation of documentation as appropriate ;
- Assist ing with domestic and international travel arrangements for sub -partners and consultants, such as flight booking, ensuring requisite project approvals are obtained, and assisting with travel logistics in compliance with USAID and DAI travel policies ;
- Provide administrative and operational support coordinating conferences, workshops, and events, both virtual and in-person .
- Providing support with meetings, including scheduling, drafting agendas, note-taking, and sharing action items;
- SharePoint file management , including preparing a SharePoint file structure and naming convention for key documents like work plans and program descriptions etc. , conducting spot checks of files, and more.
- Liaising across technical/operational/HO teams as requested to follow up on pending items and/or gather programmatic updates;
- Enter partner requisitions, purchase records, and invoices into DAI's internal Technical Administrative Management Information System ( TAMIS ) for recordkeeping ;
- Conduct regular "spot checks" of partner invoice tracker against invoices in the files to confirm accuracy;
- Additional responsibilities as project needs evolve.
- Minimum of 4 + years of experience on USAID or other donor-funded projects with a Bachelor's degree in political science, IT, international studies, or relevant field, or 2+ years of experience on USAID or other donor-funded projects with a Master's degree in a relevant field.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to a wide range of programmatic tasks, with strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and self-manage work with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communications (writ ten and spoken) in English .
- High level of professionalism with USAID clients, partner governments, local stakeholders, and other external actors .
- Experience working on multicultural teams.
- Able and willing to occasionally travel to Eastern Europe and able to meet all entry requirements (including COVID-19 and visa rules) .
- Eligibility to work in the U .S. (DAI will not sponsor visas.)
- Ability to work during E ST working hours and availability to join virtual meetings with Eastern Europe clients and stakeholders outside of EST hours as needed.
- Please note that DAI requires COVID 19 vaccinations subject to accommodation required by law.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity , digital transformation and/or digital development .
- Experience working in Eastern Europe or Western Balkans .
Compensation & Benefits:
For employees working the United States, the full-time equivalent annual base salary for this position is expected to be between $59,000 to $74,000 . Salary for part-time employees will be prorated based on actual hours worked. Actual offers will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, relevant education, experience, skills, seniority, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Eligible U.S. based employees, will be able to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, plus a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match. Additionally, employees will be eligible for company-paid annual leave (vacation & holidays), sick leave, parental leave; as well as short- and long-term disability coverage. Detailed information will be provided at the time a formal offer is extended.
For employees working outside of the United States, compensation and benefits will vary based on location.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting discrimination in all forms, nurturing respect for our interpersonal relationships, and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work . DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI requires COVID-19 vaccinations subject to accommodation required by law.
This job has expired.