Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about renewable energy and sustainability and want to help companies find solutions to create a greener world?
DNV Energy Systems is seeking to hire a dynamic and proactive Project Administrator, to provide project-based support to the independent engineering ("IE") project management teams in the performance of their due diligence activities.
DNV is one of the world's leading renewable energy consultancies in the world. We provide technical consulting and independent engineering services for renewable project developers (with a focus on wind, solar & storage projects), financial institutions, and investors in the US and Canada who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision-making process. The Project Administrator, as part of the broader IE team, will be responsible for supporting the technical due diligence review process through financing and construction, supporting a broad internal team of project managers and other stakeholders, and communicating and resolving issues with clients and lenders/investors.
Ideally, this position can be based out of any DNV office in the Continental US.
What You'll Do
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Review of commercial and financial requirements for renewable energy and storage project financings/financial closings, including:Verification of sponsor equity spend via review of invoices, proofs of payment, lien waivers, etc
- Review and certification of construction loan draw requests via review of associated documentation and budgets
- Review and certification of construction completion reserves
- Review of project budgets and flow of funds for appropriateness, within the IE scope of review
- Present checked and approved deliverables to Project Managers and Team Leads for final approval, including but not limited to preparation of IE documents for project milestone completion
- General support and guidance for the internal IE staff on project financial closings, including high-level review of financing agreements to verify IE responsibilities, and monitoring of internal work streams for readiness for financing closing
- Support Project Engineers in management, organization and distribution of project documentation related to technical due diligence, including filing and retrieving documents, researching files, data rooms, etc. in accordance with DNV document control system
- Assist Project Managers in maintaining and tracking open items/issues lists for due diligence projects
- Post-construction operational due diligence activities, including:Final completion verification and confirmation of reasonableness of release of holdback/escrow/retainage
- Manage/coordinate responses to ad hoc lender/investor requests.
- Coordination and preparation of wind, solar, and storage due diligence proposals
- Support and assist in delivery of IE projects within allocated time and budget via other project-related technical and accounting tasks as directed
- Communicate/liaise with a broad range of internal and external project stakeholders, including project managers, engineers and managers, other departments, clients, financial institutions, etc
- Perform related project duties and administrative tasks as assigned
What is Preferred
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related degree;
- Minimum five years' experience in project finance in construction and/or finance
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical and solution-oriented thinking skills
- Strong initiative, follow through and attention to detail and having the ability to manage multiple activities at a time
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Ability to handle confidential information and displaying high integrity and honesty - clients rely on DNV's independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
- Working understanding of project development, construction, and financing, including common financing structures and agreements (i.e. debt, equity, tax equity, etc.) and associated mechanics (preferably renewables)
- Familiarity with the analysis of general accounting submittals (construction draws, budgets, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel), strong overall computer skills, and ability to learn other software tools
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines while working within a high-performing team
- Ability to travel for short periods on infrequent occasions (< 5% on average)
- We conduct pre-employment backgtound and drug screenings
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do It
- General familiarity with one or more of the following categories is preferred (preferably renewables):Construction, contracts, budget/schedule, and overall scope
- Project procurement and construction timeline, scheduling, and milestone completion processes
- Construction QA/QC documentation, including completion certifications
- Construction and procurement contracts, plans, and specifications
- Project role--paralegal/accounting experience in the context of renewable energy project finance
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law,
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election** Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.