Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
The Project Controls Engineer coordinates and leads the project controls activities for multiple small capital projects. Working under moderate supervision, the PCE coordinates, implements and manages project cost control and forecasting, purchase to pay process, and scheduling on various types of industrial gas plant projects throughout the United States. Project assignments can include maintenance, reliability, or productivity projects, from initial proposal through plant commissioning and startup
The Project Controls Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for cost budgeting and forecasting, progress measurement, planning and scheduling and risk management through all phases of assigned projects from the proposal to the close-out.
- Determines project controls objectives and contributes to the development of a comprehensive project plan
- Knows how to apply float in schedule development to ensure realistic overall schedules and perform critical path analysis
- Coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects and ensures that objectives are met and within budget
- Administers change control process
- Conducts site visits and coordinates cost control system with contractors and project managers.
- Develops contingency management plan, understands how contingency is developed by Work Breakdown Structure and how contingency is used over the duration of a project
- Forecasts cash flow and understands impact of commitments and invoice timing on cash flow of projects. Able to develop expenditure forecasts for projects, based on engineering progress, equipment progress payments, and contractor earned value.
- Identify potential & critical project issues and work with team members to develop recovery/resolution plan. Provides guidance to project team on project execution issues.
- Prepares reports and participates in progress meetings and monthly portfolio reporting including variance reporting and cost and schedule forecasting.
- Applies PMI principals in the execution of required tasks and tools development/improvements.
- Makes effective presentations to leaders and internal and external customers.
- Provides training to junior Project Managers and HyCO operations team.
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Establish regular meetings to provide information not related to projects.
- Learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism in all communications, actions and decisions.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience managing the project control and scheduling.
- Hands-on experience in project control in a construction or turn-a-round environment a plus.
- Certified PMP-Project Management Professional and/or AACE-Certified Cost Engineer a plus.
- This requires an intermediate level Project Control skill set (industry standard Cost Control, Schedule, Progress and Risk standards and practices as defined by AACEi).
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, and database technology.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.