Project Cost Manager
Job Description Summary
Provides professional estimating and project controls experience to construction projects. Develops and maintains cost benchmarking tools based on client provided historical spend, and parametric cost data from third party aggregators. Supports the initiation of projects with the development of high-level cost estimates, and supports the project team in identifying due diligence risks and value engineering opportunities. Interacts with client representatives as well as internal project managers and third-party vendors to provide comprehensive analysis of cost drivers impacting project budgets. Assists the Project Manager to monitors and control the master project budgets, provide analysis and recommendation to client. Supports project compliance with client defined processes, playbooks, financial protocols and audit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain, cost estimating tools to support the development of Project Budgets.
- Develop and maintain cost estimates and budgets for all projects.
- Consult with Project Manager and Client Representatives to refine cost analyses.
- Consult with Project Manager, Client and Third Parties to develop recommendations to client to mitigate cost risks, avoid unnecessary cost escalations, and realize savings through value engineering.
- Develop and maintain cost and change management process in coordination between C&W and the client.
- Coordinate with Procurement functions within C&W and the Client organizations to ensure compliance with all appropriate processes, and identify opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Monitor cost and budget performance across all projects, and provide strategic reporting and recommendations to improve project delivery compliance to budget goals.
- Be an integral member of the leadership team for the operations and identify and execute performance improvement actions to drive the success of the business
- Coordinate with senior leadership on communications of Project Controls information with stakeholders
- Raise and resolve issues with client process and procedures related to project controls function
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure a high level of accuracy and customer service is delivered by Project Teams.
- Make recommendations for developing and improving project control and finance processes
- Respond to inquiries regarding special financial reporting requests
- Performed other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Cost Estimating and Quantity Surveying Practices specific to Commercial Construction.
- Strong Quantitative and Analytical Skill
- Client focus
- Communication proficiency (oral and written)
- Strong understanding of Commercial Real Estate and Construction Practices
- Organization skills
- Time Management
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of construction estimating & project finance experience or any similar combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Complete Competence within Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to train, mentor, and coach others
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency
This job operates in a professional dynamic office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. It is a fluid environment in terms of daily location. Must be flexible to work from various locations and types of office space.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 80% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This job has expired.