Title: Project Engineer
Location: Boardman, OR
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Project Engineer position provides project leadership, and direction toward the successful execution of capital projects at a single or multiple facilities. Depending on size, location, and type of projects, this position will lead a single or multiple projects simultaneously. This position is designed to grow and develop engineering capital project management competencies so project assignments will be commensurate with the individual's skill set and experience. This position leads project teams to deliver capital investment projects that align with business strategies, follow structured guidelines, company policies, and deliver the highest value asset allocation possible. Has immediate responsibility for the plant's Capital program. Responsible for all phases of assigned standard engineering projects. Ensures the successful completion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- This position is responsible for all aspects of project work including: design, CIR write-ups, developing contractor bid packages, overseeing project installation, cost tracking, training and startup assistance as well as post project support.
- Performs analyses to develop design options and cost impacts.
- Working with maintenance supervisor on plant issues.
- Assists in maintaining contractor safety program.
- Support the Process Safety Management program.
- Develop and maintain the long-term capital plan.
- Originates formal project requests, investigates problems, develops solutions in line with economic, personnel and environmental considerations.
- Work closely with the Plant Engineering Manager, the corporate engineering group, plant staff and production people.
- Work with Accounts Payable to make changes to purchase orders with incorrect information.
- Responsible for the purchase of materials for capital projects as assigned by the Plant Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for administrative reports, system security, and security checks, interdepartmental coordination (schedule work to and from appropriate work center), documentation and confirmation.
- Contribute to the organization's team effort by accomplishing all responsibilities with favorable effect on the performance of others in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a closely related field with 1-3 years' experience or a Master's degree with 0-1 year's experience.
- 2 plus years of Project management experience, leading projects from beginning to end.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems and equipment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, with a high emphasis in Excel.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
- Previous experience in a food processing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Industry-Competitive Benefits
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-230257
Time Type: Full timeLamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.