Job ID: 321119
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Assist with engineering projects, production, and estimating associated with construction materials such as aggregate, asphalt, ready mix concrete, processed sand and gravel.
- Apply knowledge to solve challenges relating to materials, material production methods, and the environment.
- Optimization of ready-mix concrete and asphalt relating to materials, plant production, and delivery.
- Analyze and interpret project plans and specifications to ensure materials meet specific project requirements.
- Compose and approve submittal documents for aggregates, asphalt, and ready-mix concrete that will be supplied on projects.
- Track Cost of construction materials and estimate delivered price to projects.
- Assist Quality Control with operations, functions, and procedures.
- Work with Environmental Team regarding permitting and other environmental engineering projects.
- Design and manage plant improvement projects.
- General surveying and stake out of projects.
- Assist in inventory of aggregate stockpiles.
- Estimate, track, and assist in analyzing quarry reserves.
- Participate in plant inspections to ensure compliance with all environmental, safety, and health regulations.
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university, college or education entity and/or equivalent education/degree.
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam preferred.
- Experience or college internship in construction materials, mining, or quality control preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical journals and technical documents.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Organization and follow-up skills required.
- Able to work with all typical office machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and other software as required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Adaptable to changing situations.
- Ensure compliance to all Federal and State applicable laws and regulations.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment . Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Reliable, Regular On-Time Attendance is required and essential to the operation of the team.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Willingness to work in office, production facility, construction sites, and laboratory.
- Available to work overtime, nights and weekends when necessary.
- Travel and work away from home when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to occasionally move/carry objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment is typically moderate but could be loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fort Smith Job Segment:
Project Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Facilities, Environmental Engineering, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.