Join our Health & Home Team at Helen of Troy as a Project Engineer, PUR and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands: Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, and PUR. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
*This position will be based in Marlborough, MA and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you'll be doing:
Execute and assist all engineering efforts in the new product development, design and implementation of one or multiple new product platforms. Translate guidance from product marketing and consumers into new product designs and specifications as part of the New Product Development team. Work in a laboratory environment to develop innovative technologies (may include formulated filtration products) that are scalable to a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Responsible for engineering, design, development and implementation of consumer products and devices as well as critical components within the product or device (including water filters)
- Research and evaluate potential water purification techniques and materials
- Work with contract manufacturers and OEMs to ensure that products are constructed accurately, that components and assemblies can be manufactured efficiently and conform to performance standards
- Establish test plans and methods. Ensure product/component compliance with NSF, EPA, UL and other agency standards.
- Develop prototypes to be used to evaluate new products and technologies. Work closely with R&D resources to analyze prototypes and materials in a laboratory environment.
- Participating member of the multi-functional NPD team. Summarize experiments and present findings to both technical and non-technical project team members as well as management.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Limited international travel is required up to 20%
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be pro-active and a self-starter on exploring new products and technologies
- Effective communication skills including ability to provide concise and accurate status and direction on projects
- Ability to execute and lead multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of or experience with water purification techniques (activated carbon, mechanical filtration, etc.)
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control techniques
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
- Master's degree
- Basic understanding on injection molded plastic part design and 3D modeling
- Experience in consumer product development or high-volume consumable manufacturing environment
- Experience with analytical lab equipment (ICP-MS, ICP-OES, FTIR, etc.)
- Experience with ProE or other 3D modeling system
- Experience with formulated consumables
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.