Are you looking to build a career in the environmental field? Are you passionate about the environment and working collaboratively to improve our environment? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Environmental Intelligence, a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider.
Montrose is seeking an Environmental Planner to join our Environmental Intelligence team in Southern California. The position will be based out of our Laguna Beach Office. We offer flexible work locations, flexible work hours and a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position will apply knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities may include: Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision. Coaching and reviewing the work of team members. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Environmental Intelligence (a Montrose Environmental Group Company), we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
Competitive Compensation Packages
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
- Provide environmental planning knowledge to help with public and private projects including utility programs, renewable power permitting, transmission projects, environmental impact analysis support, coordination on biological and cultural assessment support, CEQA/NEPA research and document production support, and coordination for other associated environmental projects.
- The selected candidate will assist in data gathering; conduct impact analyses; write sections for CEQA/NEPA documents; assist in preparing permit applications; coordinate with sub-consultants and project team members; and interface with regulatory agencies. Responsibilities will include assisting Project Managers with budget and schedule tracking, along with other project management duties.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Exercise safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in the company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attend professional workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.MINIMUM Qualifications
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in environmental planning.
- The candidate should have direct experience and knowledge of environmental regulations, assisting in research for NEPA and CEQA planning documents, preparing or assisting in preparation of technical sections, and knowledge of environmental permits (CWA 404/401, NHPA 106, ESA Section 7).
- Experience with air quality evaluations, sustainability planning, and preparing technical reports is a plus.
- Strong research, analysis and reporting abilities.
- Focused on detail-orientation skills and capable of managing large data sets.
- Are self-starting, team-oriented professional with excellent written and communication skills.
- Should be familiar with review and analysis of scientific data, maps, and drawings.
- NEPA experience.
- CPUC experience.
- Knowledge of computer aided software (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, etc.)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to supervisors.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, and is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. There may be occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from the floor of supplies and materials weighing no more than 30 pounds. The work may involve some bending, standing or walking. Out of office site visits could potentially have more strenuous physical demands.
- Work environment will vary greatly depending on nature of assigned tasks.
- Possible work environments could include normal office working conditions in a well-lit, climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- The position may involve local travel as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Minimum salary of $70,000 to maximum $90,000 - commensurate with qualifications.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. Withapproximately 2,000 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.