As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under the direction of the Executive Director for Workplace Health and Wellness, which includes both Occupational Health Services and Workers' Compensation, the Project Manager will work within a small team to support a number of key department-wide and enterprise-level projects with an aim to centralize and improve the efficiency of key services offered by the team. The Project Manager will engage with other leaders and members of the department to coordinate on key deliverables across multiple initiatives to ensure that project milestones are clearly outlined and on track.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Works closely with the Executive Director and other key leadership to support the development and maintenance of project plans to clearly outline project deliverables, timelines, and milestones.
• Create process maps to document current and future state workflows; gather necessary information to support business requirements
• Schedule and assist with facilitating project workgroup meetings, including creating agendas, minutes and capturing key action items.
• Assigns tasks and responsibilities to project team members and follows-up on tasks assigned during each project meeting.
• Escalates issues and roadblocks to major deliverables as needed to Executive Director and CMO.
• Create training materials, communications, and other project-related materials, such as slide decks as required to launch and implement new processes. Act as a support to other staff members to address questions throughout implementation phase.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of databases and targeted data analytics as directed to support key department functions.
• Maintain team project sites and other infrastructure as needed to keep project team members up-to-date and informed.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree (MBA, master's in public health or MS) preferred.
• At least five to seven years of work history in health care and / or a large complex matrix organization working with multiple levels of staff and leadership
• Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office and database tools, data management and data extraction
• Prior project management and data analytics experience in a complex multi-faceted organization
• Process improvement skills and/or training a plus
• Prior experience working in a clinic or healthcare operations setting a plus
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and establish relationships with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
• Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly and manage to deadlines
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Effectiveness at establishing and managing multiple large-scale, multi-faceted projects simultaneously that require interdepartmental and multi-institutional cooperation
• Ability to adjust and reestablish priorities as needed
• Proficiency in systems and applications including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; experience with Epic or other healthcare EMR systems a plus.
• Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!