AutoNation is looking for a well rounded Project Manager to manage and drive projects across the Enterprise Systems Parts Strategy organization. As a Project Manager you will have oversight to implement and support all ESPS systems. You will have high visibility with senior leaders across both- IT and rest of the organization. This Project Manager will be a self-starter and is comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take smart risks that drive results, while being mindful of AutoNation values. Above all they are a team player and will work onsite at our beautiful Corporate Headquarters in sunny Fort Lauderdale.
- Estimate scope, effort & complexity and create business case to initiate new project requests
- Partner cross functionally to create project plans, assign owners, deliverables & milestones
- Forecast & track project progress & deliverables – manage scope, time, resources & cost
- Proactively Identify risks & interdependencies, and required mitigation strategies
- Influence and hold leaders accountable to ensure project stays on track
- Communicate effectively to keep stakeholders informed
- Generate accurate capital & expense cost estimates
- Partner with PMO, Finance, Procurement, other IT functions as required
- Identify and implement project management best practices as well as lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
- Develop & proliferate repeatable tools & templates across teams
- Facilitates and/or supports Agile framework ceremonies for Agile teams.
- 4 year Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or similar field.
- Proven project/ product management experience
- Comfort analyzing large amounts of data and identify themes & insights
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability in multi-tasking
- Experience in defining systems requirements and managing systems development.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, across multiple levels of leadership .
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Goal oriented and focused on achieving results by taking on the spot decisions and take the needed trade-offs.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters, problem solving skills is a must.
- Previous Roles: Project Lead, Project Manager, Project Engineer, or Product Owner
- Experience with numerical & data analysis s/w – Excel, Access, CQL/SQL, etc
- Proficiency with standard project planning software’s – MS Project, PPM Pro, etc
- AGILE work experience (leading scrums & dojo’s)
- Functional experience in Automotive Dealership Operations
- Familiarity with technology architecture and transactional web sites
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Project Manager, Excel, Agile, MS Project, analytics, South Florida, Fort Lauderdale
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
This job has expired.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.