CAMRIS International, LLC is a medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
We are seeking a Purification Specialist to support the Pilot Bioproduction Facility (PBF) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Prepare buffers pour columns with specific resins, lyses cells to homogeneous suspensions.
- Perform extractions of cells and cell products
- Use column chromatography, centrifugation, and other techniques to purify vaccine materials.
- Make recommendations for purification of desired products based on research data received from research personnel.
- Responsible for all types of purification and down-stream processing and the use of various equipment to meet these goals.
- Responsible for writing Standard Operating Procedures, Batch Production Records, and any other documents that are required to maintain documentation and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure that all data is entered in records to be maintained on file for each product
- Perform various analytical procedures to characterize and quantitate product at all steps in the purification process
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned, including working in other sections.
- A bachelor's degree in a science field (preferably chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, or engineering) and four years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated downstream manufacturing experience.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and customers.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must have eligibility to work in the United States and have lived in the United States for three of the past five years if a non-US citizen.
CAMRIS International LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.CAMRIS.com . CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, defined as two doses of Moderna, two doses of Pfizer, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, is required for this position.
This job has expired.