Job ID: 479134
National Pipe & Plastics, a CRH company, is one of North America's largest PVC pipe producers, serving the water and energy markets from two east coast locations in Endicott, NY, and Greensboro, NC. But we're more than just a manufacturer. Our long history of exceptional customer service and product quality enables us to be a trusted and strategic solutions partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. As part of the CRH Infrastructure Products business, we are leading the industry with innovative, sustainable solutions with a safety-first mindset.
National Pipe & Plastics, one of the largest PVC pipe producers in North America, is currently seeking a Quality Inspector to perform quality checks on the production floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates samples of incoming materials
- Assists with and performs physical tests on plastic pipe and fittings
- Inspects plastic pipe and fittings while in process and finished stages
- Uses saws to cut test samples
- Distributes reports and tests as necessary
- Uses hand measurements tools to include calipers, dial gauges, etc.
- Performs quality control line checks
- Pull samples from floor
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
What CRH Offers You
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent Vocational Training/Certification, other related experience or combination thereof
- At least 1 year of related experience, preferred
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and directions
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
- Computer literate experienced with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Mar 16, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Greensboro Job Segment:
Testing, Temporary, Inspection, Technology, Contract, Engineering