A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Responsible for performing routine laboratory operations and tasks associated with the QC testing of
raw materials, products, and research reagents following established SOP's. Perform failure investigations, scale-up, and troubleshooting of analytical processes as needed. Much of the work will be in a warehouse environment. In this role, you will clearly and comfortably view, interpret, and process information via a computer monitor for extended periods of time during normal working hours. Some assignments may require extended periods in another plant/office location.
- Inspect and release raw materials and finished products.
- Read and interpret data from vendors, which includes but is not limited to Certificates of Analysis.
- Adhere to safety and housekeeping rules.
- Perform release and stability testing of intermediates and final products to evaluate product quality by following SOP's and standard test methods such as western blot assays, cell-based assays, PCR, flow cytometry, electrophoresis and transfer procedures, and other enzymatic, protein, nucleic and immunological techniques.
- Performs a variety of testing, troubleshooting, and diagnostic tasks to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Responsible for performing critical to quality in-process testing as well as final product release testing independently and training new employees as appropriate.
- Complete all laboratory activities in an accurate and timely manner, to meet production delivery schedules, and achieve individual batch record equivalent and turn-around time targets.
- Scale-up and troubleshoot QC failures, instruments, equipment, and processes as needed.
- Promote a culture of quality, safety and transparency with tasks. Attention to detail and communication with active engagement regarding processes in the area.
- Write and/or revise SOPs and work instructions.
- Develop and/or improve quality methods and processes.
- Perform all ERP software functions necessary to support the disposition of products.
- Compile batch history records with Quality control results. Accurately and properly, document all test data, methods, and results in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned
Who You AreBasic Qualifications:
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses, and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents, organic, inorganic chemicals, and blood-borne pathogens
- Bachelor's degree in a life science discipline
- 2+ years' experience working in an analytical laboratory OR chemistry-based function
- Working knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems required (Oracle/SAP preferred)
- Knowledge in principles of sterile technique.
- Demonstrated knowledge in laboratory safety plans and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with personal computer software in a business environment. Microsoft Office products preferred.
- General knowledge of Quality principles, theories, techniques, and standards.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Skill to utilize the following machines and tools:
- Pipettes, scales, centrifuges
- Plate Readers, Flow Cytometers, PCR equipment, etc.
- Computer, telephone
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and act with a true sense of urgency for results.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- Excellent written and oral skills in communicating with others and receiving instruction
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213038
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.