Job ID: 288245
Founded 150 years ago by a Civil War veteran and pioneer, Gerhold Concrete Company, Inc., A CRH Company, is a major regional supplier of concrete and building materials with 15 locations across Nebraska and Iowa, serving areas in central and northeastern Nebraska, southeastern South Dakota, and western Iowa.
Under the general supervision of the Quality Control Manager, the ideal candidate will follow established policies and procedures as written out by the company. The candidate will perform ASTM tests on concrete and raw materials to ensure product quality and conformance to specifications; assist customers with questions regarding concrete performance, mix designs, specifications, etc.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Safety First Mentality; Abides by all safety rules and regulations. All unsafe practices and conditions will need to be reported promptly.
- Performs required ASTM tests on plastic concrete, which involves several tests on each sample, i.e., slump, air, unit weight, temperature, yield.
- Following industry standards, cast concrete test specimens from batch plants or job sites, perform hardened concrete testing, and inputs all testing results in quality control software.
- Performs aggregate sieve analysis and drafts reports regularly to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Maintains all equipment in good operational conditions and ensures equipment is calibrated correctly.
- During production, coordinates concrete mix design adjustments with Plant Foreman/Batchmen.
- Provides quality customer service by answering questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner. The candidate shall maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Other duties as assiged by supervisor
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
About CRH Americas
- Two year's experience preferred with concrete quality control testing and mix design experience.
- ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform various tests on plastic concrete and aggregate. Knowledge of and ability to comply with ASTM specifications and ACI standards. Skill and ability to calibrate equipment properly and accurately are essential. Additional skills needed include analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills-the ability to use a personal computer to record data and generate reports.
- Work requires the ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gerhold Concrete Company Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 27, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Grand Island Job Segment:
Technician, Testing, Technology
This job has expired.