Job ID: 412641
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Responsible for the material handling and preparation for routine testing and for maintenance of assigned laboratory equipment as well as testing products and raw materials as per ASTM to insure compliance and/or to develop new formulas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of materials and products for testing
- Sampling and reduction of samples
- Routine tests of raw materials, calculation of results and preparation of test reports
- Support manufacturing team in producing the highest quality products
- Test all products and raw materials and record results
- Calculate adjustments needed to correct the product if necessary
- Obtain product samples and communicate what will be produced
- Perform production material test throughout shift
- Perform product reject analysis
- Visit manufacturing sites to test machinery and report proposed process improvements
- Inspect all finished goods
- Know all ASTM standards that apply and ensure all products meet these standards
- Maintenance and housekeeping of assigned areas and equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements/Education/Experience
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent Vocational Training/Certification, other related experience or combination
- Familiar with lab equipment
- Production experience in a block plant
- Knowledge of ASTM standards for manufactured concrete products
- Knowledge of parts and basic assembly of a molds
- Knowledge of concrete product sizes, shapes and colors
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and directions
- Knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
- Computer literate experienced with Microsoft Office software
What CRH Offers You
- This position may require a standing position for an extensive amount of time
- Must have average/ordinary visual acuity
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs
- Flexible work schedule
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Phoenix Job Segment:
Maintenance, Testing, Facilities, Technician, Temporary, Manufacturing, Technology, Operations, Contract
This job has expired.