Job Posting Title
Quality ManagerPosition Summary
The Quality Manager provides leadership, direction, and oversight to the plant for quality, food safety, and sanitation. This role exists to ensure the plant delivers the required standards of quality and food safety according to Ferrara policies, procedures, and practices. The Quality Manager coordinate the implementation of Quality and sanitation activities on site through deployment of cross-functional ways of working. The role represents the Quality and Sanitation function in the Site Management Team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for the quality agenda at the site, partnering with the site leadership team where necessary to ensure wholesome products that meet the regulatory requirements.
- Management and coaching of the Site Quality team, supporting the development of a talent pipeline for Quality and Sanitation at the site level.
- Lead and support Ferrara and SQF implementation at the site and drive the appropriate Quality mindset and behavior.
- Sustain efficient quality management system, in compliance to SQF, HACCP and Ferrara standards.
- Lead Quality and Sanitation Strategy Deployment at the site, improving established ways of working and delivering against key metrics reflected in the company business objectives.
- Manage Quality, Food Safety, and Sanitation incidents at the site level, supporting decision making for out of specification materials and products, ensuring that relevant corrective and preventive actions are defined and implemented.
- Perform key metrics, incidents and continuous improvement reviews to ensure transparency at management level and coordinate site CAPA activities.
- Provides Quality, Food Safety, and Sanitation training.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Auditing and assessment skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of food laws and regulations
- Understanding of basic food safety principles
- Knowledge of MSS, Chemical Chemistry, SOP Creation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Quality related field
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Experience in food industry/CPG strongly preferred
- HACCP Certification
- FSMA, PCQI, GFSI certifications preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job has expired.