A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma an R&D Scientist III is needed for execution of custom development projects and new product development for Cell Design Studio (CDS). This is a customer-facing R&D group, with expertise in molecular biology, genome editing, mammalian genetics, and advanced cell biology and cell culture. This role is responsible for designing and executing critical wet-lab activities in support of CDS projects. The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced team environment and be able to work efficiently on challenging complex projects with aggressive timelines.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related Scientific discipline with 5+ years' experience in multiple aspects of cell biology, mammalian (especially human) genetics, molecular biology, and tissue/cell culture or Master's degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or other related Scientific discipline with 3+ years' experience in multiple aspects of cell biology, mammalian (especially human) genetics, molecular biology, and tissue/cell culture
- PhD in a life sciences or scientific discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult experiments, lead and mentor junior colleagues, and work within a dynamic team environment
- Advanced training in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is critical, along with a superior proficiency in standard and advanced molecular cell biology methods
- Previous practical experience with genome editing, NGS, immuno-oncology, induced pluripotent stem cell culture, or primary cell culture is strongly desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213968
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.