Technical Business Analyst -R&DIT
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Technical Business Analysis and Design ? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Research & Development IT organisation in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
AstraZeneca are building and transforming our Laboratory IT function to become digital and data-led, to push the boundaries of science. There's never been a better time to join us as we bring our digital strategy to life and to make a positive difference to patient outcomes. This is a huge opportunity to develop, explore and thrive during our next chapter! You'll be empowered to orchestrate new possibilities, solve challenges and continuously innovate together with our scientists.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
As a Digital Lab Technical BA you will be responsible for ensuring that our new and existing laboratory systems and services are supported, developed and implemented in line with business requirements. You will provide the link between IT and the business. To drive improvements over time you will combine insight into today's scientific workflows with a technical breadth to drive innovation opportunities. Collaboration across a global team of business stakeholders, developers, partners, remote support teams and vendors is key to successfully delivering support, continuous improvement and value. We will invest in you and the team to ensure you will over time, master these areas.
Our Cambridge sites comprise one of AstraZeneca's three strategic science centres. The sites are home to 1500+ employees, from many different nationalities. Our Cambridge sites includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide range of professionals. Our science teams in Cambridge collaborate with academic and industry partners in the UK, Sweden and globally.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Ensure lab scientists can do their work day to day - Provide technical operational support for laboratory based systems. Support of PC, Software and infrastructure components.
- Implement new solutions - Collaborate with Science, Facilities and IT Functions to deliver new laboratory systems.
- Seek opportunities for improvements & innovation - Be a bridge between Science & Technology.
- Treat labs as an asset - Track our laboratory environment to be able to plan ahead. Maintain an accurate Inventory/CMDB
- Work with our strategic vendors to understand today's and tomorrow's Lab Solutions - Create and engage with your external network to deliver new game changing efficiencies for our Lab environment.
- Service maturity - As a team member, actively contribute to the direction of the Lab Solutions development journey
We're seeking a talented individual with a passion for technology who can combine their knowledge with the ability to collaborate with experts across other disciplines. We want you to be able to work in an agile environment, being innovative and unafraid to challenge the status quo. You are passionate, curious and results focused with a service-minded and communicative approach. AstraZeneca invests in people, you will be given opportunity to develop your potential.Essential
- IT Service delivery
- Experience of working in teams
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of collaborating with and managing vendors
- Strong written & verbal English
- Technical support experience
- Technical or business degree or equivalent experience
WHY JOIN US?
- Prior experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment
- Experience of working with Laboratory or medical applications and hardware
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We're not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!SO, WHAT'S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we'd love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.