GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Raft Pilot, $15.00/hour
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring Raft Pilots to assist our Lake Mead division with managing reservation calls for various locations in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
Guest Services, Inc. offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings program, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more! Apply today to join our All Star Team!
Provide an informative narration while piloting an inflatable raft. Insure the safety of all visitors and the protection of the park resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Keep raft appropriately supplied i.e. fuel, water, air, first aid kit etc.
- Deliver the required narration though out the tour.
- Operate the raft to insure visitor safety and raft protection.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all safety procedures.
- Work together with the other team members to provide a cohesive operation.
- Keep rafts clean and orderly.
- Clean and fold towels as needed, clean water jug and portable toilets daily.
- Provide excellent visitor service.
- Assist in training new raft pilots.
- Employees are required to perform their work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and to report any deviations of environmental policy to their supervisor.
- Employees are also required to be aware of and participate, where necessary, in the achievement of environmental objectives and implementation of the environmental management system
- Follow Black Canyon/Willow Beach River Adventures wastewater handling, recycling, fuel dock and raft parking procedures.
- Such other and further duties as are required from time to time, as defined by Company Management.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Operate rafts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Narrate in a clear and concise manner.
- Must maintain a current CPR/First Aid card.
- Must maintain a current Driver's License.
- Understand security policies within "secure zone" of Hoover Dam.
- Understand engine mechanics and perform minor repair.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in ISO/EMS Awareness.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in Employee Orientation.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in Hazard Communications.
- Know ledge or ability to be trained in Hazardous Materials Response.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in Emergency Response/Respiratory Protection.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in Recycled Materials.
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in Bloodborne Pathogen Awareness.
- 15 Passenger Van
- Fuel Dispenser
- Cleaning Supplies
- 2 Cycle Oil Dispenser
- Air pump
- Pump-out Equipment
- VHF Radio
This job entails the physical activities detailed below.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
- Driving a raft
- Working in Hot Weather
- Visual identification of wildlife
- Visual identification of land marks
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Standing for short and long periods of time
- Working in sunlight for long periods
- High School diploma, GED or other acceptable experience.
- Recreational Boating experience preferred.
- Prefer to have experience working with the public.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.