This highly visible role offers you the opportunity to take ownership of the overall management and maintenance for Digital Realty's property. As Real Estate Manager, you will enjoy working independently yet within a dynamic and supportive management structure, where you will oversee a staff of direct reports and make your mark on the operations of data center facility by leveraging your property management, leadership and problem solving skills. If you're a self-driven property management professional eager to join a leading global data center solutions provider with an excellent industry track record and tremendous potential for continuous, ongoing growth, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you'll do
As the Real Estate Manager, you will be responsible for all financial aspects and the overall management and maintenance of the building, including a robust mechanical and electrical infrastructure that was built specifically for our customer.
More specifically, you will:
What you'll need
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Supervise the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, tune-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Oversee the compliance of all customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being met.
- Respond to customer requests and needs and coordinate with the Property Management and Technical Operation Teams to solve the issues.
- Maintain strong relationship with customers.
- Oversee the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements; monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met; supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain/enhance the asset.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations Team for the portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Supervise and manage team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved.
- Set and attain performance goals.
- Responsible for the development, coaching, and counseling of the team members.
The ideal candidate for this role will either have extensive experience as a property manager or some experience in property management combined with data center experience as well. Additionally, in order to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
A bit about us
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Real Estate, or Finance, or the comparable experience.
- Four to seven years of related experience.
- A strong understanding of financial terms and principals and the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions.
- The ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints from customers, employees, or management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of common terms and components related to HVAC and electrical infrastructure (including primary and back-up systems).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, with the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Experience with acquisitions and implementing / creating new systems and procedures would be a strong plus. Tenant improvement and construction experience is also preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel for training and orientation purposes.
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Use the region-specific company introduction. Global, NA, and APAC below:
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers' infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.