Regence Business Development Executive
Primary Job Purpose
The RegenceBusiness Development Executive represents Regence by selling all lines of business including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Life and Disability and affiliated solutions, etc. Must demonstrate knowledge of all product lines and work collaboratively with other Regence affiliates sales staff and internal stakeholders to achieve goals. Responsible for strategic territory and producer relationship development. Must demonstrate flexibility and agility to acquire new business in a variety of market segments including small, mid-size and large group-size in assigned territory. Must be able to effectively support producers and new employer groups throughout the on-boarding process. Will sell direct and /or through broker/agent.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Responsible for selling new business, Regence and solutions, meeting or exceeding sales goals, including membership and cross-selling.
- Successfully manages and builds relationships with broker/agent and group decision makers.
- Effectively work within a team environment and able to work with cross functional teams (i.e. Underwriting, product teams, Marketing, Cambia Solution Sales, customer service, claims, etc.). Proactively collaborate with cross-selling partners to maintain a cross-sell funnel with all activity captured in Salesforce.
- Facilitates successful transition of new business to account executive.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of benefit design alternatives, funding options and underwriting requirements. Nimble and adept at validating customer/prospect needs and matching those needs with current solution offerings that add value.
- Demonstrates a curiosity about business/industry conditions, customer developments and competitive activities. Works across the organization to reflect changing market conditions in the sales approach. Successfully utilizes research and open-ended questions to continuously build business acumen.
- Uses a consultative sales approach to effectively negotiate plan design and financial mechanisms.
- Establish and maintain a high level of credibility and partnership with Underwriting and other Business Partners/ functions.
- Ambassador for Regence and Cambia across the community and internally.
- Utilizes Salesforce (SFDC) to reflect all sales activities per company process, including daily updates and detailed pursuit planning.
- Engages customer/prospects in a mutual exploration about their business needs and issues by focusing on asking key discovery questions, listening, summarizing their needs to confirm understanding with a focus on the full value proposition vs. a direct product pitch.
- Effectively plan, organize and execute a finalist presentation.
- Create, plan and execute business and social events to build relationships with key producers, customers, prospects and associations.
- Effective in a variety of presentation settings; formal, one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and leaders; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both ordinary, complex and controversial topics; commands attention; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Effectively compares Cambia value proposition to that of key competitors; clearly communicates key competitive advantages. Effectively addresses any objections or concerns and constructs mutually beneficial solutions.
- Build and maintain strong networks by participating in industry and affinity groups such as NAHU, SHRM and EBPA.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- A proven track record of success achieving sales goals and transitioning accounts.
- Ability to plan and execute an effective sales approach, including a top prospect list and sales pipeline.
- Detailed understanding of complexities with ability to communicate and to negotiate all areas related to the sales functions (i.e. underwriting, value proposition, sales, renewals, etc.)
- Ability to engage in community/ networking opportunities outside of normal business hours
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective business relationships.
- Demonstrated successful consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results/goals.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully committed and self-directed approach to work.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Salesforce and Chatter.
- Proven success remaining organized and prioritizing work to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to use tools to build complex Cost Modeling scenarios
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills that flex for the audience, and must be comfortable with and compelling while speaking in a group environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in desktop application software including Outlook, Word, Excel, SFDC and creating presentations.
- Ability to successfully present to groups of various sizes including, Broker education, community speaking and open enrollment meetings.
- Proven ability to adapt within an ever-changing business environment.
Business Development Executive would have a Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field and 4 years of sales experience with 2 years preferred in employee benefits or equivalent combination of education and experience.Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.
Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 90 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and /or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted. Prior to receiving a license staff are not allowed to engage in soliciting or selling activities and will not be eligible for sales incentive compensation. Must have a valid state driver's license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.Work Environment
- Hybrid flex. Some in office, remote and community events.
The expected hiring range for the Regence Business Development Executive is $66,500 - 90,500 depending on skills, experience, education, and training; relevant licensure / certifications; performance history; and work location. This role has a robust incentive plan based on individual and organizational goal achievement.The current full salary range for this role is $62,500 - 102,500. #LI-hybrid
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off varying by role and tenure in addition to 10 company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities. for a complete list see our External Total Rewards page.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.