A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for leading the North American Office-based Digital sales team of account managers that covers Research Market accounts including Pharma and Biotech. You are responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing our sales strategy in line with the companies' strategic plan; and delivering the sales performance of your Sales Team. The sales team will be an office-based sales organization that primarily uses technology to communicate with their customers. Leadership of your direct team and collaboration with every touch point in the organization is paramount to success in this role. You are responsible for creating and driving effective business plans to meet and exceed sales and profit targets and manage within an expense budget as designated. The scope of responsibility is defined by market segments, product lines, channel to market, geographic area and/or named accounts.
The Position is based in St Louis, MO. Travel up to 20% for internal meetings, customer visits, and training.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Embraces digital tools and solutions and ensures team adoption to maximize productivity, effectiveness and transparency.
- Achieves customer satisfaction at assigned levels related to the sales force interface.
- Hire, onboard, lead, develop, coach and retain a sales team able to drive current goals and opportunities, but also to support future growth and strategic direction. Coaches and develops direct reports to continually improve sales and business skills, and provides development opportunities and succession planning.
- Communicates organizational vision and market strategies, priorities, and goals that ensure clear understanding at all levels within the team.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly and annual sales volume goals through leadership, coaching and development of sales team.
- Closely collaborates with Commercial Marketing, Customer Excellence, Sales Enablement and Sales Specialists (including technical, product and field marketing as applicable) to understand potential paths to grow the business at assigned levels.
- Quota setting at the Territory Level such that corporate goals are met while also achieving fairness and accuracy as evidenced by final sales target achievements.
- Delivers regular, timely and accurate forecasts on business performance as defined by Senior Leadership.
- Reviews and modifies business plans to ensure alignment with the strategic direction and achievement of targets.
- Communicates to upper management and peers any relevant business information from the sales team.
- Manages budget and allocates funds where appropriate.
- Establishes and reinforces strategic relationships within the life science industry in the Research Markets including academic, government, hospital and pharmaceutical.
- Bachelor of Science in a core science discipline (Chemistry, Biology or similar) or a business degree
- 4+ years of Life Science sales management experience.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms.
- Experience managing office-based or hybrid sales organizations using technology to communicate.
What we offer:
- Digitally savvy.
- Experience in utilizing a technology stack to accelerate the sales process.
- Highly collaborative, motivated, agile, an early adopter of new ideas and technology, a change agent and problem solver.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to include presenting large and diverse audiences.
- Able to lead a team, define business strategy, and hold direct reports accountable to sales targets.
- Data driven, strong analytical skills in using data to make sound recommendations and business decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a degree of independence and deliver results.
- Strong networking skills externally and internally.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214347
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.