If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Up $10,000 Sign On Bonus
The Kendall Clinic has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse 2 (RN 2). The RN 2:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Performs screening focusing on the physical and psychosocial health status of the patient in an ongoing timely and systematic manner.
- Obtains baseline information utilized for the development of individualized patient plan of care.
- Provides direct and indirect patient and family care to assess needs.
- Facilitates/patient/family education with interdisciplinary team involvement.
- Monitors patient's progress against plan of care until discharge from designated patient care area.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to identify potential barriers and variances to the plan of care
- Coordinates the plan of care with patients, family and interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures the plan of care is accessible to the patient and family to assist them in understanding goals of care and movement toward these goals.
- Plans discharge and teaching needs as applicable.
- Promotes development of clinical practice based on research and evidence.
- Assists leadership team with maintenance of initial and ongoing unit-based clinical competencies
- Ensures that each clinic is well prepared consisting of all medical records (print and electronic) are up to date with all pertinent tests received and ready to be reviewed by providers prior to the clinic.
- Ensures that physicians' orders are carried out such as the ordering of laboratory tests, CT Scans, MRIs, etc.
- Ensures that all tests have been performed and received for the physician to review the findings.
- Develops a system that elevates any abnormal results (non-critical values) to the nurse who in turn will contact the physician accordingly
- Ensures that patients receive appropriate medical pre-op medical clearances
- Renders direct patient care by performing follow-up visits that do not require direct physician involvement as per physician orders and within the scope of RN licensure
- Renders direct patient care by assisting providers with patient care services.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, caregivers and community resources.
- Educates interdisciplinary team, patient/family on plan of care.
- Documents concise, accurate and legible according to nursing policies and procedures and nursing standards.
- Provides patient/family teaching using available resources and tools.
- Acts as consultant to clinical staff in assisting with unfamiliar procedures/treatments.
- Utilizes process of performance improvement.
- Ensures and assists physicians with adequate patient care pre-operative processes
- Provides patients and families with adequate education about surgical procedures and post-operative processes
- Reviews labs and outside reports and slides and discuss them with the physicians
- Coordinates post-op procedures including home health care, social services,
- Promotes patient safety.
- Communicates changes in plan of care to the patient/family and the health care team members in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in approach to complex problem solving.
- Leads crisis management.
- Delegates certain aspects of care to qualified personnel.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing intervention and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used medications: action, dose, and side effects.
- Observes five Rights for administering medications: right patient, right drug, right dose, right method, and right time
- Administers medication as per hospital policy
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred. RNs hired with an Associates (ASN) degree have 2 years to complete the BSN degreeCertification and Licensing:
Registered Nurse License; Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)Experience:
Minimum 2 years of nursing experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (i.e. sanitation, decontamination etc.)
- Excellent patient experience skills
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.