** $1,000 Sign On Bonus **
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Performs duties in the following areas: Medical/Surgical Units, Emergency Department, Critical Care, Telemetry, Psychiatric Unit, Joint Replacement Center and Childbirth Center. Must be able and willing to work in all departments as needed and directed.
This position is part of the Massachusetts Nurses Association Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager/Director and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required; BSN preferred
- Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer into position.
- De-escalation training required within 60 days of hire or transfer into position.
- One (1) year of medical/surgical nursing experience required.
- Demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Additional unit-specific education and experience requirements are outlined in the Addendum for each unit.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.