Research Coordinator II
Job No: 526077
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 32040000 - PH-PHARMACODYNAMICS
Research Coordinator II
This position is for a Research Coordinator II. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of grants, research protocols, and research implementation. The individual will also be responsible for coordinating research studies or projects as directed. The individual will serve as liaison between the program/service office and outside agencies. The individual will perform related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area, including budget, fiscal operations, interfacing with HR, administrative tasks, event planning and coordinating the completion of research projects amongst investigators.
- Research Project Management:
- Assist with and coordinate the execution of ongoing research grants and contracts.
- Act as liaison for research sponsors and research participants.
- Assist with the collection of proposal submission documents in collaboration with the SSC Research team.
- Coordinate the shipments of materials (e.g. samples or drug formulations) together with the UF investigator and laboratory team.
- Assist with the publication submission process; including pre-submission editing and proofreading, graphics editing, and preparation of files for submission.
- Coordination and correspondence with subcontractors and vendors in coordination with the UF investigator team.
- Support UF investigator team in preparation of reports and other documentation for the sponsor and other stakeholders. Provide support with the collection of documents (administrative and/or financial) for the purposes of agency reporting (e.g. progress reports) in collaboration with the SSC Research team and/or College of Pharmacy's Regulatory and Compliance Office.
- Communicate with the SSC Research team on matters concerning UF DSP, UF Contracts and Grants and/or sponsor communication. This includes but is not limited to needed budgetary changes and/or large unbudgeted purchases, contractual amendments, carry-forward requests, no cost extensions, etc.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Arrange teleconferences and meeting minutes for ongoing NIH grants and contracts.
- Provide support for and preparation of human and/or animal research compliance documents in collaboration with the College of Pharmacy's Regulatory and Compliance Office.
- Provide support for the establishment of subcontractor / vendor agreements, material transfer agreements (MTAs), confidentiality agreements (CDAs) and other agreements. Coordination of such agreements with the SSC Research team, and/or the College of Pharmacy's Regulatory and Compliance Office.
- Assist with interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures. Ensure compliance of agreements with the SSC Research team, and Pharmacy's Regulatory and Compliance Office, as appropriate.
- Prepare and collect data to provide progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annually). Collect compilation of materials from collaborators.
- Complete case report forms.
- Retain records/archive documents after project close out.
- Provide administrative support to principal investigators, including: managing the calendars, coordinating meetings/appointments and taking notes/summarizing meetings.
- Provide administrative support for the Center of Integrative Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, including: planning and coordinating programs and events (e.g. seminars, visits by external speakers, travel arrangements, preparation, itineraries, and reimbursements). Create and manage center-related databases and websites.
- Ensure safety of research and laboratory.
- Communicate with the applicable SSC team (Research, Fiscal, and HR teams) as applicable regarding all international matters.
- Fiscal/Budget Processing:
- Financial project planning (e.g. spending vs. budget) together with the UF investigator team.
- Financial planning of UF personnel costs in alignment with funded budgets with UF investigator team.
- Assist with financial review of invoices by subcontractors and facilitates signature or invoices by PI, with signed invoices being returned to the SSC Research team or to the UF Subaward team with the SSC research team copied.
- Plan and coordinate travel and expense report for lab team members.
- Review of all purchasing and supporting procurement for research program; including research and office supplies, large and small equipment (in coordination with investigators).
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals.
In recognition of its efforts to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment, the College of Pharmacy was the recipient of a 2021 Insight into Diversity Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
$45,000-$55,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ideal candidate will possess: Critical thinking skills
Analytical and problem-solving skills, including researching and analyzing complex data and situations to develop accurate reports
Understand and practice excellent service for the UF-team and collaborators
Professional attitude that is conveyed in all interactions, communications, and appearance
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff, and other campus departments
Able to work well in a team environment and individually, as required
Take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks, and consistently plan for and meet deadlines
Self-motivated and capable of working independently
Strong people and team management skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (primarily MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint)
Experience with MYUFL, MyInvestigator, fund accounting and planning, and/or Human Resources
Flexible and willing to make adjustments to existing procedures, as requested
Able to train up quickly in all areas and cross train, as needed
Able to pro-actively identify best practices and share those with the team
Form good relationships with staff, faculty, postdocs and students in the College of Pharmacy and work in tandem with them to streamline and standardize all processes
Ability to get results, assess a situation clearly, and make tough decisions, when needed
Confident in ability to manage the program area of responsibility
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references. As a part of our review we look for a full CV which includes all professional appointments/engagements, all post-secondary education, and all publications from post-secondary education and all respective dates.
This is a time-limited position.
Hybrid/Remote work options available.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
Applications Close: 03 Apr 2023
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/526077/research-coordinator-ii
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c60550193d4ab249a6764f22f5141334
This job has expired.